The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

I think having a Sunday show is great, however I am not too keen on the weekly changes to the whole team. I also don’t think it is ideal that The Project has three female co-hosts a week.

IMO, (they should have done this already), don’t have Carrie, Pete and now Waleed all away on the same night. Perhaps:

• Sunday: Carrie, Lehmo
  • Monday: Waleed, Carrie, Lehmo
  • Tuesday: Waleed, Carrie, Pete
  • Wednesday: Waleed, Carrie, Pete
  • Thursday: Waleed, Gorgi, Pete
  • Friday: Waleed, Gorgi, Pete

But it’s ok to have three men?

4 Likes

Waleed currently works Monday- Friday and Pete works Monday-Thursday. I am only suggesting that either Carrie works an extra day or Gorgi (who does a great job on Fridays) should do two days a week. It appears on Sundays the team will be revolving.

Which is nice in theory, but the fact that the Sunday show is coming from Sydney makes it a little more complicated than just a different roster for Carrie or Gorgi, and Lehmo who has breakfast radio in Melbourne on Monday morning. And Tarsh is great anyway.

2 Likes

Forgive me for asking, but why not do the Sunday show from Melbourne?

1 Like

I believe Have You Been Paying Attention is filmed on a Sunday evening in the Melb studio. Sydney would also have a bigger news team/crew on board already on a Sunday for the National 5pm News.

3 Likes

and they film Cram on the weekends so Pete will be there. if they are giving the show a chance to grow that is.

Awfully convenient also that RPM’s format changed to no longer include a studio audience or much of a set anymore, which would usually have been pre-recorded about 3pm on a Sunday afternoon from the Pyrmont studios.

And it gives Sydney a chance for the future when Carrie decides she no longer wants to be doing The Project…(sooner than later…she is longest serving host)…move the whole thing to Sydney…might get bigger Sydney ratings

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Carrie go at the end of the year to radio full time.

2 Likes

A little bit of unexpected competition from the ABC for alternative news viewers - 13 weeks of Countdown specials scheduled for Sunday nights 6pm-7pm, from September 17.

3 Likes

You do understand the Breakfast Bar is from The Wrong Girl @Nick

2 Likes

Yeah. Shame it wasn’t used IRL first.

1 Like

I think the Sunday night show needs to be totally different, I love the idea of having a Project style show Sunday early evenings, but rather than being focused on the news it should focus more on comedy, variety, interviews, live performances etc… in similar vein to what Rove used to be on a Sunday night but tailor it for a family audience.

5 Likes

Definitely needs a weekly performance for the Sunday show. The Sydney studio has a lot more space so it wouldn’t be very hard to set up.

4 Likes

Yes they have a bit of room over on the side they could definitely have a live performance.

I think the Sunday show is going to have a slightly different focus, reviewing the week that was, not just the days events. It is evident from it being Sydney based etc it is a low cost programming solution, hopefully it can be more than just a band aid solution and can perhaps become a show on its own such as “The Sunday Project” in time. We all know it will not rate very high at the moment, and will be lower rated than the weeknight edition. I hope it proves to be a slow build and give Ten something to work with in 2018.

This new show presents a chance for The Project to rejig itself a little bit, now that I think about it.

Sunday Project could be something like The Weekly Project, with the weekday versions renamed The Daily Project. Just a new name can establish the flavour of the two formats.

Then, maybe some in-depth primetime specials. The Deeper Project, for example.

There are so many ways The Project as a brand could be enhanced by Ten but I guess management has a chronic case of stupid.

2 Likes

In a(my) perfect world it would be a return of This Week Live :disappointed_relieved: #gonebutnotforgtten :candle:

5 Likes

If Carrie goes then that should be it for The Project. A total clean out when the new ownership/management steps in and this show is top of the list.

1 Like