The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

1. The last episode rated 341k.

I’m pretty sure McGarvey was in charge when she dumped it the first time around. Mind boggling.

2 Likes

I think this is a great idea. I would be more likely to watch The Project on a Sunday too than during the week. It can’t do any worse than what Ten currently have in that slot. Also if it doesn’t start to great numbers they need to stick with it for a while. It can take time for people to change there viewing habits so I think in time will do OK.

1 Like

I think it’s a good idea to return this to Sundays. They should air it at least until the end of the year. A good 3-4 months to hopefully gain some momentum. And then reassess it in mid-December and possibly extend it to 2018.

It would be interesting to see the ratings for this. I wonder if they’ll split it into two segments like what they do to the weeknight show. Or combine it into one like what Seven and Nine do with their news. I think the 6.30pm portion will rate lowly against the News, and do a little better at 7pm. If it rates better than the Modern Family repeats, then id say stick with it

1 Like

They should do as they did with Studio 10. Have it run during the Summer so that they can hopefully gain some traction into the 2018 ratings year.

1 Like

Confirmed from Sydney Studios

2 Likes

I personally would love to see ‘The Morning Project’ take place as a lead into Studio 10. It will definitely be a point of difference to the other morning offerings. Some content could even be repackaged from the nightly show in order to keep costs down.

3 Likes

They’ve already tried all this. It had 10 months to gain momentum in 2012. And that was with the main hosts and a far better lead-in.

It was five years ago, and five years in “TV World” is a long time. Lol.

They should give it another crack. If fails the second time, then Id say give up on this Sunday edition.

5 Likes

Makes sense for cost effectiveness as they have a crew already in Sydney.

Whilst not ideal programming…if they did not air this what would people suggest airing in the time slot? Repeats of Modern Family is not cutting it.

5 Likes

Have Roving Enterprises given Ten permission to produce the Sunday ep in-house?

Or are Roving flying producers with Pete from Melbourne?

1 Like

Latest analysis:

3 Likes

The Project is in-house now AFAIK

9 Likes

Okay?

So why is the Roving Enterprises production ender still airing (including last night)?

It was discussed here back in May, after the Roving Enterprises changed from a producer credit to a format credit. The general consensus was it’s been Ten produced for a while.

@LukeMovieMan, this post might be of interest:

5 Likes

Why not “The Breakfast Bar”? :roll_eyes:

Do you think Cram will move to Melbourne when they finish filming The Wrong Girl?

2 Likes

Shame about this competition…what if 40 year old tv beats new content…
TV Tonight reporting “Classic Countdown” to screen at 6pm Sundays on ABC

If successful, Seven might bring back The Colorful World of Disneyland!

3 Likes

Already been done, Toasted TV did “The 7AM Assignment” this one time (or more times idk) in like 2009 or something.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that have been for kids though? Not really the same as The Project in the morning.

1 Like

Instead of Cheez TV what about Smashed Avo TV?

6 Likes

I genuinely like the sound of that.