The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Headlines are back tonight.

4 Likes

Does anyone know what the regular guest host line up is nowadays ? Gretel, Steve Price, Fifi etc?

I think it is something like the following:

Monday - Steve Price
Tuesday - Fifi Box
Wednesday - Gretel Killeen
Thursday - Rachael Corbett/Ryan Fitzgerald
Friday - Meshel Laurie

It is a shame there isnā€™t more variety in the guests they choose.

6 Likes

A bit of variety is good, of the above I generally only find Gretel & Steve to present unique opinions.

4 Likes

The Peoject extends to six nights a week starting Sunday 27th August at 6:30pm.

On-air team for the first show are Pete Helliar, Dr Chris Brown, Natarsha Belling & Rachel Corbett.

10 Likes

This will get pumped in the ratings but itā€™s the only cost effective alternative. And itā€™s Australian content. Must try and find some silver linings in an otherwise bleak schedule on ten. Their Sunday ratings have been woeful.

7 Likes

If Natarsha is the regular Sunday night host, wonder who will present Ten News.

8 Likes

Agree.

One of the biggest thing that will hurt this show I think will be the terrible lead-in from Sunday editions of Family Fued and what itā€™s going up againstā€¦ but no doubt probably the easiest thing for them to do right now given their current situation is more of the same ala extended Studio 10.

Maybe new show Cram will be a half hour Sunday comedy panel show to replace the FF editions at 6?

7 Likes

This really is desperate times - I will be surprised if it rates much better than Modern Family.
They should do a special Studio 10 Sunday night edition - perhaps a little more serious and Q&A.

1 Like

Omg what is with this forum and that show?

Itā€™s a weekday morning show. What part of that is more suitable for Sunday early evenings than The Project?

17 Likes

I wonder if the Sunday one will be done from Sydney?
Rather than flying them all to Melbourne, would just need Pete to travel.

1 Like

Didnā€™t they try this already?

2 Likes

A very Sydney based Cast if they are to be the regulars. Ten would have been better using Hellier, Bickmore and Rove with a Sunday night variety type show, a more family friends Rove Live. But I imagine it is a little challenging at the moment to gain funding for a new program.

2 Likes

If Tarsh is permanent host most likely Hugh Riminton will present Sunday night News bulletin.
Iā€™m really happy with Chris Brown hosting and hopefully Tarsh is permanent because in hosting roles her personality is perfect for these formats like when she hosts Studio 10.

5 Likes

That would make sense. I didnā€™t like Chris Brown as host when he filled in recently was just too boring. Was hoping Georgi got some more shifts, they seem to be running out of male hosts on Ten. Next Matty J will be hosting.

From TEN:

The Project Is Coming To Sundays.

Starts This Sunday At 6.30pm

Network Ten is pleased to announce that its innovative, TV Week Logie Award-winning news and entertainment show The Project will now broadcast six nights a week, with the introduction of a hour-long Sunday night edition at 6.30pm from this Sunday, 27 August.

Hosting the Sunday edition of The Project, from Network Tenā€™s Sydney studio this weekend are panellists Peter Helliar, Dr Chris Brown, Natarsha Belling and Rachel Corbett.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: ā€œSince it first went to air in 2009, The Project has become an integral part of TENā€™s program schedule and the TEN brand.

ā€œInfluential, popular and always engaging, The Project is unique on Australian television and offers a different take on news and current affairs. Weā€™re proud of what it has achieved and continues to achieve, and look forward to bringing more of The Project to viewers.

ā€œThe new Sunday show will offer an entertaining and engaging look at the news, current affairs and sport of the week that was and the week ahead,ā€ she said.

Now six nights a week, The Project delivers news, current affairs and entertainment with a twist and does not shy away from tackling the major social issues facing the nation and the world.

The Project. News Delivered Differently.

6 Likes

I think the more general point is that they need to come up with a point of difference or try something unique - The Project has been on Sunday before and failed so itā€™s just going full circle.

Good idea. It wonā€™t rate well but hopefully can build a solid sunday audience. Not much has rated in that timeslot on a Sunday for ten. Even Masterchef struggled.

1 Like

Hopefully the Sunday edition can last until December, so there will still be some news content in Sydney and Melbourne on some Sundays when there is extended Supercars race coverage (Bathurst, Gold Coast 600, Newcastle 500).

If thatā€™s to be the regular line-up, it would make some sense. Presumebly Pete may already be in Sydney on some Sundays anyway for the taping of Cram which is also filmed in Tenā€™s Sydney pyrmont studios.

If itā€™s being done from the Sydney studios (at least for this weekend) then sheā€™ll be able to do the 5pm news and then The Project.

4 Likes