The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

What?

Apparently she could see as much as 1.5 million a year. Could be possibly a good move for her financially.

If the rumours are true it would be financially smart to make the move away from television.

The article also talks about the possibility of luring across Fitzy and Wippa. It gets them a show with a setting audience (albeit in a different time slot) and it gives them a good chance to grab some of the breakfast audience as people explore the market.

It might be a tough deal to get done - but Iā€™d think SCA would be able to offer more money and resources, plus the possibility to move to Melbourne (with Wippa from Melbourne and Fitzy from Adelaide, neither have strong ties to Sydney).

There was a story in The Australian on Monday claiming the same. I think Bickmore would be better off accepting an offer from Nine or Seven if there were any on the table.

1 Like

for less money, and to do what? Radio might be less ā€˜glamorousā€™ but the paycheck sure isnā€™t.

4 Likes

What why? Her career would have never been this successful if she were on nine or seven.

If she took the radio gig it would still give her a chance to be on the project once a week or another weekly show.

She could probably still do a few days a week, maybe Thu-Fri could be done by Georgie. If they stay at Como no real reason why not other than pre-recs.

The story a couple of years ago was that Seven did offer her a lot of money, at a time when she was reportedly not happy at Ten. You are probably right that any offers now would be less.

Carrie would be mad not to jump ship before Ten goes down in a heap. I canā€™t see The Project being saved by Nine or Seven and ABC doesnā€™t have the funds

I somehow doubt she would find it hard to find a job.

Carrie Bickmore would surely be someone on the fairly short list of high profile Network Ten talent that Seven & Nine would probably love to have at their networks?

1 Like

I hope she continues on at The Project in a limited role, if she does move to radio. Even a weekly ā€˜Special Reportā€™ role or hosting Fridays.

Well yes, but sometimes you have to take these opportunities when they present themselves. To be parachuted into a slot that is already performing well (ie providing long-term security) as part of a proven partnership in a deal worth multiple times what she would be making today while also providing time to work on other things (ie her own weekly show or other TV appearances) seems like a pretty unique opportunity IMO.

She should grab it with both hands.

1 Like

All the panelists are wearing beanies tonight to support Carrieā€™s Beanies 4 Brain Cancer campaign.

3 Likes

5 Likes

On screen and with the amazing Jane Goodall :monkey:

8 Likes

Massive backlash on social media, over Carrie Bickmore and co. plugging Beanies for Brain Cancer, on the same day as Big Freeze at the 'G for Fight MND (also beanies).

Both wonderful and important causes, but I agree with most, surely The Project could have done better scheduling that that :confused:

Backlash over any charity raising money is just nasty. Those people should be ashamed.

15 Likes

The backlash isnā€™t over raising money, but more so that The Project strategically timed their appeal to ride on the back of the Big Freeze and take some money that otherwise may have gone towards that cause.

I find it hard to believe they didnā€™t know about the MND appeal that was also running.

1 Like