The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

The Project is live from their Sydney studio tonight.

2 Likes

One of the few times the interview wasn’t rushed - starting about 7:05

8 Likes

It wasn’t live. Pre recorded coz it wasn’t in HD

1 Like

6 Likes

Amanda Keller is also a bit of a giveaway that they are in Sydney. It’s a shame that she can’t be on the show more IMO.

1 Like

It’s not like they were trying to hide the fact. Tim Bailey mentioned during his aerobics routine at the end of Ten News that Tom Cruise was in the building.

2 Likes

Steve Price is co-hosting with Carrie tonight.

5 Likes

Steve making his debut as co-host Carrie said Waleed couldn’t be here tonight.
Tommy Little who is filling in for Pete is already making jokes about Steve co-hosting.

4 Likes

Bring your dad to work day. :laughing:

2 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but the other night I just happened to see the acknowledgement “Roving Enterprises format” appears before the Ten logo in the end credits.

Has Roving let the show go and it’s now Ten in-house?

1 Like

I think this was the first time it was noticed by the forum

There was talk about this here a while ago. I don’t they ever made an announcement.

I don’t know if Roving Enterprises even exists any more. It might have wrapped up around the time Rove moved to Sydney and started working in radio.

Their website hasn’t been updated in years. It shows hosts for The Project as Charlie Pickering and Dave Hughes and still lists the contact numbers for productions Rove LA and Before The Game.

2 Likes

Sounds like production is now the responsibility of Ten rather than Roving, which would explain the format credit rather then a production credit.

I first noticed that about late last year. Not exactly sure when/why it happened though.

The first day it was used was 21 October 2016 which strangely was a Friday. I kept a note of it at the time

Ender from 20 October 2016

(Note - no mention of Roving Enterprises in the credits)

Ender from 21 October 2016 to now

Some might remember Roving Enterprise as the final credit, but that was dropped on Friday 22 July 2016.

Ender from 22 July 2016 and before

5 Likes

I called Waleed’s “Isil is Weak” speech for what it was - total garbage (to use polite language) - the night that it aired.* And look where we are now.

*against the hordes of members here, and all those “millions around the world”, who lapped up the viral video…

Why did you think it was total garbage?

1 Like

Because, as I said at the time, it was obvious that Isil was not weak, and that his “brilliant” and “brave” call for us all to feel sorry for Sonia Kruger for her mean comments was so obviously a smokescreen in order to not answer any of the substance of what she was talking about - a palpable fear that Islamic terrorists would likely use trucks and vans to run over more people, and commit more terror attacks, and that it would become the norm, and that it would happen here. And, well, Stockholm, Berlin Christmas Market, Westminster Bridge, London Bridge, Bourke Street. And, you know, Sonia - well, she was just kind of too dumb to know what she was talking about, right? So, don’t trash her reputation, etc.

There seems to be an article about this every few days. The latest (perhaps the same article with a different headline?).

2 Likes