The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Well fair point. When I’m visiting the parents they’ll have ACA on and all i want to do is change the channel.

Most journalists have on their twitter accounts that the views expressed are my views etc… quite normal for journalists to have an opinion.

Audiences don’t like it. You only need to read social media comments about Andrew O’keefe. Jeez

Nothing new when it comes to MacDonald. Not listenimg to responses and constantly cutting guests off was the norm on Ten Late News.
I’ve been in the studio audience several times when he has hosted the Project and he comes across even worse in person. What you don’t see on TV is him sitting with his arms crossed 95% of the time and constantly scowls while shaking his head during interviews.

What happened to his ABC US gig?

2 Likes

There is a petition going around on change.org calling on the project to apologise to Steve Price, almost at 10,000 signatures.
Rightfully so… Was disgusting what they did to him.

poor steve, did they take away his highchair again?

Steve probably got as good as he gave.

Apologise for what exactly?

If its about that interview with the hilary supporter girl, HE should apologize!

1 Like

She swore and then screamed at him and he says his view back and Carrie blows up at him for his tone :joy::joy::joy:
What should he be apologising for?

Because she was asked a question and he refused to let her answer it and spoke over the top of her. I was watching it with my family and we all said he was in the wrong.

he butted in when she was asked a question and then berated her when she called him out on it.

I’m not saying she was perfect, and her choice of some words I thought was inappropriate, but she was the one being interviewed and he took over and then attacked her.

4 Likes

Exactly!

Unrestrained setting for Monday’s interview

Though shouldn’t he have a crown? :grinning:

5 Likes

None of the Trumps look impressed in the second photo. Wonder what the question was.

The Q was “Let me ask you about Obamacare”.

I took screen grabs from this promo clip

By far your best contribution thus far Sifon.

9 Likes

From the petition…

“Steve was abruptly cut off and insulted by Jamila on national television, despite his best efforts to lower the outrageous tone being fuelled by the guest. Much to the dismay of thousands around the country, his peers joined in to further insult and humiliate Steve, who we all agree had done nothing wrong.”

“Steve opened his response stating his view that “Real Americans” from small towns were not buying the “bulldust” that Hillary was selling. This initiated an argument with the guest who seemingly has little regard for neither Steve or the millions of Americans who voted for trump, and effectively said “there is no such thing as ordinary Americans”.”

“However during the following question from Carrie about why she thought Trump won the election, she claimed it was due to the “rising inequality” experienced by, you guessed it, “Ordinary Americans”. Not only is this hyprocicy to the maximum, but the fact that she effectively repeated Steve’s own point added further salt to the already fresh wound. Steve was silenced for the remainder of the discussion.”

There are now almost 15,000 signatures.

And I guarantee most of them didn’t watch the segment.

8 Likes