The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

About what he said yes but we don’t need an inventory of the alleged good deeds he’s done. Perhaps he can pull his head out of his own ass.

2 Likes
1 Like

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. You’d be wanting his head on a plate if he didn’t do anything to unite the community and Muslims.

I think you just didn’t like hearing that he has actually done a lot for the Muslim communities because it doesn’t fit the narrative you and the left media have about him.

2 Likes

Was the interview done in Sydney?

Not even you could defend that trainwreck of a performance by Morrison.

1 Like

What time did the interview end?

About 7:05. The last half hour just wrapped up - ran 6 minutes overtime according to the EPG

1 Like

That was not a train wreck at all. For Waleed - yes. Morrison - well not at all. He’ll win the election no doubt.

No, Melbourne.

I really liked where you were heading with diversity.

However, I’m sorry, I fundamentally can’t agree with an equation between the two. The After Dark shows, on regular occurrence, broadcast entirely inaccurate ‘information’ and defamatory fabrications against people.

I’m not even making a political statement here. They regularly breach the Code of Conduct, and see condemnation from the likes of Media Watch and media analysts. Their representation of climate change ‘data’ alone as an example sums it up.

You can’t say the same for The Project in terms of factuality and adhering to the confines of ‘Current Affairs’ programming.

6 Likes

I personally agree with what you’re saying, but for the sake of fairness and balance on this forum I’m going to play devil’s advocate in this case.

2 Likes

To be honest, both Aly and Morrison spent more time talking over each other (both literally and figuratively) rather than having a genuine conversation

I thought the “interview” was pretty poor. Waleed has no credibility as a journalist. He was too busy playing semantics and looking for a “gotcha moment” to get anything substantive out of the Prime Minister. Even the staging was poor and designed to make the PM look as uncomfortable as possible. Noticed Waleed had a cushion to prop himself up while the PM’s body language was greatly affected by the impractical seating.

2 Likes

What?

5 Likes

Fair enough. Must’ve only noticed Waleed’s cushion during a moment when the PM was slouching. My point still stands that the low chairs weren’t practical. The interview should’ve been conducted at the desk.

1 Like

6 Likes

That first picture.

No words.

2 Likes

I wasn’t even attempting to really call you out either, it just really detracted and overreached from what I thought was a fair/decent point:

1 Like

I thought the PM’s body language was good. Waleed looked to be squirming to me.

2 Likes

People see what they want to see.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/current-affairs/social-media-reacts-to-pm-scott-morrisons-interview-on-the-project/news-story/d470ec8eb7a87dad5853b4e54b872982

After days of tension — and a complaint against Channel 10’s The Project about claims the PM once suggested exploiting Muslims for political gain — Mr Morrison came face to face with Aly in a special 30-minute commercial free edition of the show on Thursday night.

Viewers noticed that the Prime Minister appeared frustrated during the exchange, slouching back in his chair and crossing his legs, as Aly questioned him about how the Coalition government viewed Muslims.

Many interpreted his body language as “aggressive”, and felt he came off as a “bully”. Aly, on the other hand, appeared composed throughout the half-hour interview.

3 Likes