The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

I’m sure everyone here would love to see them use the new Sydney set. All they’d need to do is fly in the desk, no need to move any other set pieces around.

They already have a replica desk of the Melbourne one in Sydney for when they do the show there, no need to fly (or truck) desks in.

I’m going to predict they won’t be using the new Sydney set for The Project, it’s too close to the news to do all the pre-records and change over.

2 Likes

Mr Morrison told ABC this morning he would not sue The Project, but he also rejected the original 2011 report written by Lenore Taylor for The Sydney Morning Herald. Taylor is now editor of Guardian Australia and stood by her article.

Wednesday -

Hamish is filling in for Waleed again tonight.

4 Likes

Waleed is interviewing Jacinda Ardern in New Zealand.

5 Likes

As revealed in Hamish MacDonald’s editorial, Waleed was invited by the prime minister to go to New Zealand to interview her.

Meanwhile, Australia’s prime minister Scott Morrison threatened to sue The Project for Waleed’s editorial on Friday but told the ABC this morning he doesn’t intend to go through with that.

Hamish said Lenore Taylor stands by the story ftom 2011 and so does The Sydney Morning Herald. There are witnesses who stand by their statement about what was said in the cabinet meeting but there are also members of cabinet who deny Morrison said what was reported

The PM was invited to discuss it on The Project when he was due to appear on a previously scheduled interview on Monday. He declined to discuss it and cancelled thd interview.

10 Likes

The Project having to correct one of their ‘facts’.

Waleed’s interview with Jacinda Ardern will screen on Monday.

2 Likes

They would have challenged him on it, and he’s a coward for not showing, but then again he’s an idiot. So nothing surprises me about me this Tony Abbott Version 2.0

2 Likes

He says that ScoMo should be uniting the country instead of threatening defamation. Firstly, if a false allegation like that was made against me - I would threaten defamation. Secondly, the fact Waleed has reported negative alleged comments as truth by the Prime Minister of our country is an example of dividing the country. Highly hypocritical.

On a final note, I think the Prime Minister would be wanting to reach a larger audience prior to an election so I think a spot on The Project isn’t on the cards!!! :joy:

Except he was scheduled to appear on the show so he obviously wanted to be on there in the first place. It looks like he wasn’t prepared to face questioning.

If the story was false then why not go on the show and give his version of events?

5 Likes

Actually its not just ScoMo it’s his whole cabinet of ministers who are using scare like tactics to make everyone fear refugees (who are not terrorists) and scaring people into thinking they are here to destroy Australia. Whats to threaten a deformation of suit when it’s fact that’s his scare campaign to bring in votes from the right ring mobs of Australia? This sort sof nonsense does not help the community nor the people who are here to settle in Australia. Fortunately for you I work with refugees and young people and I can tell you how detrimental his comments have been to the people that I work with. That’s all I can say. If you want to defend that sort of shit, go ahead, but it’s not the rhetoric this country or any other country needs. Its 2019. I thought this shit would have been finally knipped in the budd by now… but nup.

Scumbag. Too scared to face the Media because they know they got his rhetoric. It wasn’t that incident. It’s everything that has come out of his mouth.

4 Likes

But he was willing to appear on News Breakfast and Sunrise this morning.

A baby that’s all he is. Just to show he has a problem with Waleed Aly in general then.

3 Likes

Was a tongue in cheek comment. I was just joking.

Version of events?? He said he didn’t say it at the time and he said it on Friday night, what more is there to say??

I wouldn’t go on if a false allegation was made about me. Had he had gone on it would have been Kochie V Hansen on roids. The Project is the most left wing show on television.

He’s a liar. It’s not false. He’s an extremist right wing fraud.

4 Likes

I think Nine and Seven would’ve wanted to interview her after the inspiring way she has performed as PM under the worst of circumstances.
It speaks volumes that she wanted Waleed to interview her.
Gee l wish we had a PM like her in our country!

5 Likes

Steve Price was there on Monday so there is balance. However, I don’t think Price is believing ScoMo either in this case. He was agreeing with Waleed about has been said by politicians and radio hosts in the last decade. He even said that there’s a lot of content on his own show he questioning now whether should have ever gone to air.

Isn’t it a prime minister’s job to face any criticism and correct any false information? Pulling out if a scheduled interview is not going to look good now.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. It’s the right wing shit that’s dangerous.

4 Likes

Well Andrew Bolt’s show, Peta Credlin, are all right wing on Sky News: After Dark, and they are the dangerous bunch. So what’s your point?

3 Likes