The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Queensland saw the first 5 seconds or so of The Sunday Project after the F1 ended before the feed cut to the news with Chris already reading the headlines.

Pretty good setup tonight live from the GP

2 Likes

6 Likes

Hamish reporting from Christchurch

1 Like

The windows behind Waleed and Lisa look good.

For the show’s 10th Birthday this year, it would be nice to see them hit the road a bit more.

1 Like

They are just screens aren’t they?

2 Likes

Why would they be? You might as well sit in the studio then.

They didnt look like windows

1 Like

Definitely look like windows to me. The side ones with graphics on no, but the main ones definitely look like windows.

Really, I would expect the quality from a window to be better than the current form. I say its a screen…

8 Likes

For the few seconds that I saw of the set (Adelaide was late switching to 10 News First and missed a small chunk of the headlines)… screen/window #3 behind Lisa appears darker than the others. Check out the colour of the white tent/gazebo and compareit to screen/window #2. This per-screen brightness anomaly occurs with 7 News Adelaide’s set, too (most evident during the Today Tonight closer). :thinking:

TL;DR: They look like screens.

2 Likes

Definitely a live camera projected across the 4 screens :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Might be a bit of wishful thinking, but could one of the reasons for the OB be that they’re updating the studio a bit?

Personally I think it should happen relatively soon given the Sydney news set is leaps and bounds ahead of all of 10s other sets now.

Would love to see a scaled version of that set in Melbourne for The Project and Studio 10 Melbourne broadcasts.

They’re starting to film HYBPA soon so they will have to go back to Sydney on Sundays and now Pointless is gone I wouldn’t be surprised if they used the new newsroom/studio 10 set with the giant backdrop for The Project but for consistency they may just go back to the old studio.

Pointless may be gone, but isn’t Celeb Name Game filming at Pyrmont?

PM Scott Morrison is threatening defamation action against The Project as his office claims that Waleed Aly inferred on Friday night that Morrison had said back in 2011 in Cabinet that “we made a mistake as a country by letting in Lebanese Muslims in the ’70s”. Morrison says that he never said that.

2 Likes

So he is also taking action against Fairfax Media that published the original report that Waleed quoted, in which they named him?

10 Likes

I don’t really understand why waleed needs to apologise. He said there were media reports suggesting this. Apparently another site reported it 8 years ago. Isn’t that fact then? It’s not like he said it was true.

1 Like

Hamish is filling in for Waleed tonight.

2 Likes