The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Friday-
Waleed,Gorgi,Meshel Laurie and Becky Lucas on the show,also interview with Rove.

1 Like

What I like about The Project is itā€™s pace. Packages are under 3 minutes (and are often comical) and interviews are lively. This new opener is a part of it- love it.

2 Likes

I like it but the music is too LOUD!

I canā€™t hear what theyā€™re saying in parts of it. It would be better to turn it down while the headlines are read out.

2 Likes

I agree. But donā€™t get rid of the music all together (even during the 7pm headlines) as it keeps things snappy.

Iā€™m not saying get rid of it. Again, all Iā€™m saying is itā€™s too LOUD!

1 Like

Get your walking stick out grandpa and hit that screen :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s probably like the trick they do with commercials, put the sound up to get peopleā€™s attention that the show is on.

FFS. Iā€™m saying its too loud and you miss the headline or the snippet of comment they play.

Iā€™m not saying I canā€™t hear any of it, you recalcitrant. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ADORE this opening. Itā€™s bang-on the direction they need to be going - offering an alternative news broadcast, with a side of humour.

Itā€™s basically the CBS Evening News package with its use of still photography:

1 Like

My Grandfather uses ear plugs sometimes when watching tv. Perhaps that might help :stuck_out_tongue:

Only when youā€™re around. :thinking: Maybe thatā€™s because he canā€™t handle listening to you any more. I know how he feels. :joy:

:joy: I have been wondering why he always falls asleep when I am around.

1 Like

In all seriousness I do agree that the music could be dialled back a notch when they are reading the news. I like how they are doing it to grab the attention.

I donā€™t like the music playing while their reading out the news headlinesā€¦and shock horror lā€™m agreeing with @JBar itā€™s way too loud .

It was bound to happen againā€¦eventually. Buy yourself a lottery ticket because today is your lucky day. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thursday-
Peter Van Onselen is filling in for Waleed tonight.

3 Likes

Dare I say as an American that The Project does it better than CBSEN.

What kind of idiot does a somersault with a gun in his pocket?

Are you asking @PointJules that because he is American?

It was just a general question after watching that CBS Evening News clip.