The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

I noticed a huge The Project billboard the morning after the relaunch with the new logo. Good to see 10 making a serious effort.

1 Like

Tuesday -
Tommy filling in for Peter again tonight, Peter is returning on Wednesday.

2 Likes
3 Likes

No thanks Hamish.

Nah it was actually one of the best pieces they’ve done this year if not the best. The whole situation is fucked but imo Hamish and the team covered it really well.

11 Likes

As someone that associates loosely with the scene where this particular clique (noodlesandbeef - the report doesn’t actually mention the name and the small time media empire that these guys were associated with and/or part of) were once very popular, it was inevitable that this story would either surface in the Aussie or US media as it’s been all over tumblr ever since the news of the victims death was published. I think Hamish did a fantastic job with it.

8 Likes

What an incredible story. Never thought (sadly) these sorts of issues would see the light of day, especially on commercial television. Hamish did an excellent job

5 Likes

Looking at the response to it too, I have to strongly disagree with some of the comments floating around at it being sensationalist/tabloid in having the “foot-in-door moment” with Dylan, being better suited to ACA etc. I think it was genuinely outstanding in its portrayal and content, and particularly in how it managed to be an extremely powerful piece through showing that moment and Jack’s mother’s profound reality.

It was a somewhat rare occasion where a beautiful synergy occurred in terms of producing captivating, riveting television with ethics, purpose and integrity

2 Likes

Peter Van Olsen on the show tonight, with Peter Fitzsimons on Friday night’s show also.

2 Likes

Love Peter van Onselen. Wish someone would give him a free-reign show. Any time of the day will do me!

3 Likes

Lisa chats with Kylie Minogue this Sunday, with Guy Sebastian live at the desk also.

2 Likes

Friday -

Dave Thornton joining Gorgi, Waleed and Lisa tonight.

Sunday -
Waleed hosting with Lisa,Tommy and Sarah Harris.

4 Likes

Is this the first time Waleed has hosted the Sunday project 2.0?

1 Like

Yes, I believe so.

2 Likes

Great idea IMO. Not only should they not have all their presenters off on the same day, I think they need to re-evaluate the purpose of The Sunday Project. The ratings are not great and maybe it needs to be more serious (like the Monday edition). Leave the lighter stuff/style, currently used on Sundays, to Fridays.

6 Likes

Why have they taken The Project’s Facebook site down?

It’s still there…

Oh I just realized I’m on a NZ VPN lol interesting to know they block other countries

1 Like

I think it’s the same for the NZ version too.

2 Likes