The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Was it an ‘exclusive’? :smiley:

Sunday -
Jo Stanley joining regulars Tommy, Hamish & Lisa.

Next Week -
Gorgi Coghlan co-hosting with Waleed on Monday & Tuesday, with Carrie returning on Wednesday.

Tommy Little filling in for Peter.

3 Likes

Like Jo when she was on radio, but not really sure this is the right program for her…has never really contributed to the conversation

Why do they fly Jo from Melbourne to Sydney on a Sunday and Rachel from Sydney to Melbourne on a weekday? Surely they could save some money by using locals in their home town.

3 Likes

Would come down to availability of talent, would seem to be an obvious choice for them to utilise people from that area but Ten are already flying Lisa, Hamish to Melb during the week when they fill in, then Tommy and whatever guests on Sunday to Sydney to present so what’s another plane ticket? :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I’d say it involves more than just the cost of a plane ticket though. Taxis, meals, travel allowance, possibly accommodation. Just saying some obvious savings could give them money to spend on other things.

3 Likes

I would like to see The Project go to 2 hosts or 3 max and have a bit of a refresh. It has the potential to do much stronger ratings but the whole format feels a little messy atm. For the 6.30-7.30pm timeslot it really has to have a wider appeal but feels quite niche currently.
I guess the general question would be, what can The Project do to get more viewers?

1 Like
2 Likes

Mark Humphries and Andrew Rochford are on tonight’s show with Pointless launching tomorrow night.

1 Like

Not sure I like the direction the Sunday Project is taking.

Why?

Standing introduction for the Sarah Hanson-Young interview with Lisa tonight:

1 Like

Hamish reporting on the by-elections for the show

1 Like

Carrie was in Perth to interview Katy Perry.

1 Like

Interview is on tonight’s show.

4 Likes

At Westfield Carousel, I saw a lot of fans waiting for American Superstar Katy Perry to pop up to the stage. I didn’t have time to see her (as if I shopped at a bakery store).

1 Like
1 Like

A missed opportunity to have Samantha perform live in Studio?

I know we go around in circles with Ten in particular on here, but I honestly think they should make the show run from 6-7:30pm (or 6-7pm and start realities from 7pm Sundays, won’t happen though) on a Sunday to fill the half hour gap after news and include a few more panel discussions and opinions, an additional long form piece from contributors like Hamish, Gorgi etc and musical act at the end and really give The Sunday Project a point of difference from the weekday version rather than just coming from Sydney.

3 Likes

Thursday -
Dave Thornton and Sarrah Le Marquand joining Waleed and Carrie.

1 Like

Gretel’s appearance have been few and far between since Lisa Wilkinson joined The Panel. Such a shame.

7 Likes