The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Very awkward again tonight bringing up Vince Collosomos drink driving charge in the middle of a light hearted banter about a movie. Why do they feel the need to keep doing this?

1 Like

It was actually driving under the influence of drugs on a suspended licence.
While promoting this new movie he has been asked about the drug charges in recent years in interviews and has answered the questions.
So he was probably aware something might be asked in tonight’s interview anyway.

1 Like

haha definitely not something I keep up with. I find the news a complete waste of time to watch as all it does is pushes agendas of their investors and preferred political preferences.

Colosimo didn’t seem taken aback and at least on this occasion they gave the guest ample time to respond to the question. But Lisa and on this occasion Waleed seem to be on a mission to create a headline. It’s making interviews come across as awkward.

2 Likes

I’d rather they ask those sorts of questions in a pre-recorded, one on one interview. It looks terrible when they’re promoting something and they’re appearing with a fellow actor and everyone feels awkward.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Who is the other journalist holding The Project mic flag, from Newshub?

Conor Whitten

Thanks, just found this

1 Like

Sunday -
Sarah Harris is on the panel :grin:

7 Likes

She’s a hard worker that Sarah, especially if she’s back first thing tomorrow for extended coverage of the Thai cave rescue.

6 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Monday -
Rove is on the panel.

Lisa Wilkinson filling in for Carrie (who is on holidays) Monday - Wednesday this week.
Tommy Little filling in for Pete again this week.Pete is currently filming his new series.

4 Likes

Anh’s Brush With Fame Wednesday 8 August at 8:00pm

Popular broadcaster Carrie Bickmore joins Anh with stories from her life, sharing how she has dealt with personal tragedy and triumph in the public eye. Can Anh capture her warmth and her spirit?

4 Likes

Exactly what I thought as I was watching this last night. The previous conversation moments before ended with a consensus that ‘your momma’ jokes have become offensive and outdated (although not directed at any one individual) with Waleed and Lisa putting on those familiar faces. Then in the next breath they all make fun a man because his voice is a littler higher pitched than what you might expect.

1 Like

But the outrage was one tweet?

Junkee’s piece is just clickbait material also. Troys comment has been taken out of context and he thanked them for the interview at the end. The carefully timed screengrabs of the hosts faces try to paint a narrative that just wasn’t there.

2 Likes

Junkee and PedTV are the worst. They have the same agenda and make bigger deals out of things that are nothing.

3 Likes

Alwyas looking for the next headline no doubt. Let’s not forget that Nine Entertainment Co are a majority shareholder in pedestrian.tv so probably have a vetted interest in not favourable headlines about other networks shows.

1 Like