The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

It will be interesting to see just how much of the show is recorded earlier.

4 Likes

I agree. I’ve sat in the audience and most of their interviews are pre-recorded and played as if they were live. The audience reaction is from the audience watching the clips on the monitors. That’s why in winter, a lot of the interviews have the ‘earlier’ sting, as it’s dark and obviously not live. So I wonder how many interviews were pre-recorded with Waleed already forcing them to use the ‘earlier’ sting…

4 Likes

Also: This is a moment that everyone who works in television dreams of - the host is sick on a popular show. I’m surprised they didn’t get a 10 News Melbourne reporter or presenter to fill in (E.g. Candice Wyatt) or even another radio host. I mean, they wouldn’t be the best, but it would fill out the panel and it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. So many stories of people getting their big break this way…

2 Likes

With some warning yes but last minute is a big ask for anyone. Doesn’t matter really. The show is still running smoothly and the two interviews were done without Waleed.

5 Likes

That’s true. Just a moment you dream of to seize the opportunity. It’s a dream of mine to be a TV presenter.

I hope you seize the opportunity rather than cease it. :wink:

3 Likes

They look a bit sad without Waleed - perhaps if they had a stand in, it would cheer them up :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Did Carrie share more details about her personal grooming habits with Waleed before the show went to air?

3 Likes

Hahahaha. I must admit, I admire the honesty in the hosts. Perhaps, the next topic of the ‘something we need to talk about’ segment - what not to talk about on national tv :joy: :joy:

Over sharing at its worst from Carrie last night :face_vomiting:…Waleed’s reaction last night

During tonight’s chat with Lisa it was mentioned and Carrie joked we were wondering if that is why Waleed isn’t here tonight he is still in shock.:joy:

5 Likes

Friday -
Peter van Onselen is filling in for Waleed.

Natarsha Belling joining Hamish, Tommy Little and Meshel Laurie on The Sunday Project this week.

6 Likes

Tarsh on tonight also.

3 Likes

I don’t mind Peter, I liked how he completely schooled Steve Price last night but wasn’t condescending about it.

1 Like

3 Likes

Can Peter pronounce The Project correctly please? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PROE-ject not PRO-ject. :wink:

1 Like

PVO was born to host The Project. A natural.

4 Likes

PS. Lisa, Ange and Lucy from London should be hosting live coverage of the wedding. Alas, not happening.

1 Like

PVO did well tonight. He is a fresh change from Hamish (like him, but I find he is a little smug every now and then).

On a format note, I would liked them to have more of a discussion about issues rather than do typical interview (Studio 10 have been doing similar things). For example, despite knowing what they were going to say, I would have liked the panel to contradict the interviewee’s opinions on abortion. Instead, they moved straight on.

2 Likes

I think the abortion interview was quite fair. The panel was careful not to come across too judgy and shout him down, but at the same time let the audience know what side of the fence they were on.

Ten should snap him up for a weekly topical news based show, could air at 8:30pm one night or even Sat or Sun mornings.

3 Likes