The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Carrie awarded an OAM today.

6 Likes

Tuesday 17 September-

Waleed hosting with Gorgi, Tommy Little and Benjamin Law.

3 Likes

And she nearly lost it.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2gH_IfnpTq/
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/carrie-bickmore-lost-her-order-of-australia-medal-less-than-an-hour-after-she-got-it/news-story/3e62bb3c53a7fe63c9bf2c718891c6a1

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/she-was-a-massive-part-of-our-team-waleed-aly-leads-the-tributes-to-much-loved-tv-producer-who-suddenly-died-of-a-heart-attack-aged-just-29/ar-AAHr1v0

Carla Bellomarino, 29, from Melbourne, died in the early hours of Saturday morning after going into cardiac arrest.

https://twitter.com/theprojecttv/status/1173882600995401728

The Project really benefiting from being the lead-in to Survior.

2 Likes

So many people are doubting about the shows ratings, when its not doing that bad during 7pm (not that far behind H&A). But then again I guess we’ll have to see how much it drops since survivor season has finished.

Forget the total figures its demos are what is important to 10. And while it might only be doing 500k which isn’t too far behind the competition. It is in the top 5 most nights in all demos.

Its also a brand that advertisers want to be apart of. I guess its because it is so trusted by the public.

1 Like

Totally, and no advertiser buys on Total People anyway! All campaigns are bought on demos so the Total number is irrelevant in this day and age.

Wednesday 18 September-

Waleed hosting with Carrie, Tommy Little and Christopher Pyne.

2 Likes

Going off-topic but it really annoys me when people say/suggest this. Yes, the demos are absolutely important for networks and advertisers for obvious reasons. However, total viewers is still the measure by which ratings are reported/analyzed outside the media-industry bubble (to channel my inner Scott Morrison).

While that still happens and for as networks still compete fiercely to be the most-watched, total viewers is still a very important measure - even if some people don’t like it…

Doesnt matter what those outside the industry say or do.

If the advertisers are happy with the demos, then that’s all that matters.

4 Likes

My point is both measures are important - claiming total viewers is an ‘irrelevant’ measure is just nonsensical

To some programs total viewers might be important. But this is clearly NOT important to The Project.

1 Like

When no advertisers buy on Total Viewers and the general public doesn’t really give a sh*t about how many viewers a program is getting, how is it irrelevant? It’s only relevant to the Newspapers who like ignore their own declining medium, and to everyone on MediaSpy…

2 Likes

Bit like how FOX in the States now ignores the overnight figures?

1. Advertisers still buy on total viewers when it comes to things like sport
  2. If the general public really doesn’t "…give a sht about how many viewers a program is getting"* like you’re suggesting, the only places where they would be reported on are media websites such as this one. As we all know, that clearly isn’t the case…

That’s different though - due to things like DVR viewing and catchup services, overnight figures isn’t a true reflection of how many people actually watched a program. Hence, it’s why more emphasis is being placed on consolidated figures

No, they dont. Total viewers only provides a lay person’s perspective on the viewership of a show. It’s a meaningless number to advertisers and bears no fruit when targeting their audience.

1 Like

Unless you’re a Media Buyer or work in advertising sales, how do you know Sport is bought on Total People?

Chemist Warehouse and NAB are both clients of mine who sponsor the AFL and neither of them buy the sponsorship on Total Audience. The TARPs bought across the sponsorship are all measured on 2-3 different demographics that align with different brands/products rather than a single one. I’ve been in Media for 9 years working in Media Agencies and Media Owner side now and nobody I know of buys any aspect of TV on Total People…

2 Likes

I hate TARPs