The Project

This new style opener makes it look like it’s a special edition of the show that’s going to be only about the first story that they talk about in the opening. If you’re not interested in that story you might switch off thinking it’s not going to be covering much else tonight.

4 Likes

Hamish will be filling in for Waleed next week.

6 Likes

I agree with this. It’s odd when they interview someone after the first story and the panellists just pop up without introduction.

Then in last night’s show there was quite an awkward introduction to Sammy J after the commercial break and Tom Cashman was not introduced at all. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Yeah it sounded a bit like they were both mocking the new format. Hamish said something like “it was rude of us not to properly introduce you earlier” and SammyJ replied something like “I always prefer to ask questions first before being introduced” referring to how he just randomly appeared in the previous guest interview segment to ask a question.

6 Likes

Did they change EPs recently? I know a long time staffer left.

3 Likes

1 Like

Sunday 5 June -

Singer Darren Hayes will be at the desk tonight.

2 Likes

Sunday Project mic flags for Baz and Tom

4 Likes

Darren Hayes is great on this format and very funny. I hope they have him on The Project more often. I think he’d also make a great Masked Singer judge too.

6 Likes

That interview with Tom and Baz was good. They gave it the time it deserved and wasn’t rushed and it’s huge to have Tom there chatting casually. Good pick up from the project.

10 Likes

Don’t often seen an 8 minute interview on the show.

3 Likes

I guess Tom’s chat with Lisa was the reason he refused to speak with other reporters at the red carpet last night.

3 Likes

Not even Bish?

Don’t think 10 sent her up there. One of the Brisbane reporters covered it.

1 Like

Good to see they dropped the sinister looking cold opener too.

3 Likes

Bish did a pre-recorded interview with the cast for Studio 10 yesterday (Sunday). The interview was shown this morning.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s back again tonight. Hamish did a solo intro to a feature story, no mention of any other hosts joining him for the show and no mention of other stories coming up. Story ends and Chrissie randomly pops up out of nowhere to start a guest interview.

Strange that they didn’t use it for The Sunday Project but went back to it tonight.

The Boys star tonight - extreme gore in season 3!

Have they ever used a laughtrack on the show before? The laughing from the audience sounds particularly fake and abrupt tonight…

2 Likes