The Project

Its not 2010. lol. :laughing:

2 Likes

Fair. I was just trying to think of ways to engage with the audience more & leverage the fact that it is live.

3 Likes

Too late. They have destroyed the brand. Have you noted the negative comments on Socials Everytime Network 10 is mentioned? It’s all the same, axe it, cancel it, and so on.

When they announced Studio 10 getting axed, well pretty much every comment called them to axe this show also, and I agree, it’s garbage just be done with it.

However I admire your enthusiasm to fix a show that is broken, the thing is, the network and its management are likely tone deaf and don’t see the problem. Just like how they let Lisa run loose with this show and prance around like some know it all. It was a good show when it kicked off, then they destroyed it.

The funeral for this show has long taken place, probably the best way to put it. Not sure when the burial is though.

1 Like

and usually those comments are from people who have never watched the show, have no intention of seeing or engaging with the show, or people who just hate Waleed for no rational reason, or because they fall for stupid clickbait headlines from tabloid news websites designed to make people hate it without even bothering to read the article. Or people who can’t give any example of why the show sucks but of course it must be axed because… reasons. :man_shrugging:

I mean, I do admire how a show that so many people claim never to watch takes up so much room in their heads to have such vitriol against it.

And I have said before, I am not entirely on board with The Project, i don’t watch it every single night. It certainly has flaws and they might take angles on a story or discussion that I don’t necessarily agree with or think is fair. But tbh I’d much rather The Project than the same old same old merry go round of low rent stories on ACA.

9 Likes

It’s far too long at an hour

1 Like

Here’s an idea. Why don’t they hire @blackbox as the EP? He made Studio 10 into a success so he seems to be on the ball. Fresh ideas are just what’s needed.

2 Likes

It’s just a matter of time now. Ten are going to trial Deal or no Deal at 6pm and if numbers are okay, they’ll likely extend to an hour and remove The Project.

It’s way too late now. Not even the best EP in the world can save it.

5 Likes

I don’t like The Project here in NZ but the moaning and cheering on for the demise of the Australian show seems pretty over the top… No one is forcing you to watch it.

8 Likes

Would only want it to be replaced if it was with a similar live show, but with a refreshed format. The more likely reality of 10 just replacing it with some US re-runs, more standard news bulletins or a game show would be the far worse outcome.

News Corp and Daily Mail would probably be sad if they didn’t have a show to criticise through random Twitter posts and social media comments too. They seem to have these critical articles down to a science for a lot of Australian content.

6 Likes

I think that despite the fact that I have never watched the show, I feel the best move forward is to air a newshour at 6pm and make The Project a faster paced show starting at 7pm or keep it as an hour and screen it later in evening and have less censorship due to time of main channel screening.

I think, however, Ten has outlined their commitment to the current slot, which is odd considering other programs changing start times when they are considered not performing. But then they need something to fill the gap. Do we really want another ACA or Today Tonight clone?

I say no.

I reckon 2024 will be make it or break it. They’ll monitor Deal or No Deal and if it helps The Project then the show will stay, if there’s no improvement, it’s gone.

1 Like

Don’t think it would change anything? They already swear and talk about potentially “censorable” content currently.

Where’s Sarah?

Sick? At a dinner? Pre planned event? Plane delays? Family time? Any of the above. Who cares though?

4 Likes

:thinking: So you’re happy to axe a program and the hours of content that it provides and the employment of many people on the basis of not even knowing what the show is about.

Have you looked at the demos? Have you got inside knowledge of how much it costs to produce versus how much advertising revenue it pulls in.

Seems like your comments are based on some sort of ideological perspective of the program without very little data to support your points.

The show airs for 6 hours a week 50 weeks a year so provides 10 with cost effective Australian content that is live and creates a point of difference. It is often 10s highest rating show of the night. It’s does much better in the demos than total people so it must attract a particular sort of advertiser.

In saying all of that, we’ll see what happens in 2024 and t whether that changes 10s position on the show.

4 Likes

Where did I say to axe the show, mate?

The Project needs to be part of Tens long term strategy. Tens commitment to the 6:30pm timeslot is admirable but despite the tagline “news delivered differently” I think a lot of folks might see it more like a breakfast show format than a news show.

A 7pm start time would allow those watching news on Seven or Nine to turn over to Ten at the start of the show, news at 6pm on Ten would give it a solid lead, then Ten could do what Nine and Seven shamelessly do with their breakfast offerings and run it 5 or 10 minutes overtime in the hope of retaining viewers for their 7:30 offerings. It also means it doesn’t clash with the primetime screening of Neighbours on 10 Peach Monday through to Thursday.

Ten did the 7pm thing with The Project initially as well as Hinch when it was on Ten on 1992-93 after being axed from Seven (albeit briefly at 6pm when it first started)

These are just my thoughts. I’m not here to trash the brand as I’m sure it has some good content - it must have to be screening since 2009, with the expanded format since 2011

1 Like

Hugh is hosting tonight. Nath Valvo is a guest.

4 Likes

Is this a pic of the NZ one ?

Yes. Not Aussie version

1 Like