The Project

Lisa’s back on the desk tonight.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CgYbxmlLACu/

4 Likes

Interesting.

These comments haven’t aged well. Notice how Peter Ford is wrong again? Notice how unreliable Tha Australian’s alleged “sources close to Wilkinson” are?

16 Likes

How do you know that wasn’t the original plan and maybe they’ve put her back on early due to all the drama and negative articles and comments about the show the past few months?

Or maybe Lisa felt ready to return earlier than planned?

There’s lots of different options here. Doesn’t automatically mean the original was wrong.

2 Likes

Thats the whole point. Nobody knoes what happened exactly. But the speculation is wrong again and again.

What we do know is that the Newscorp empire has an axe to grind with Ten and The Project is their target. They run clickbait stories almost every day and everything they’re saying is being to make the show sound sinister or in major trouble.

5 Likes

It’s clear to me why NewsCorp do this. They aren’t aiming for the audience that watches it, they’re targeting the audience who don’t.

Majority of Australians do not like this program (don’t @ me, it’s reflected in the ratings. A fact, not an opinion). Not that this is a measure of viewership but I also don’t know a single person who watches it or has a positive view of it. But I digress.

By posting these negative articles they are gaining the attention of those who hate it. They’ll click on it to see what they’ve done wrong again and validate their own opinions on the show.

It’s a backwards form of journalism and it seems to be working for them. Clicks. Clicks. Clicks.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes: You’re just singing from Newscorp hymn book. Your opinions are not facts.

2 Likes

I never claimed that my opinions were facts,

You are so blinded by your love for this show. Literally look at Friday’s ratings. It was beaten by 4pm news bulletins, 3pm game shows,5pm news and multiple shows at 7:30pm that wouldn’t normally beat a news program from another network.

Daytime programs beating it. People actively avoid The Project. Whether you like it or not. People don’t. You can’t seem to accept that? You’ll defend it to your death.

Even the bloody Living Room that’s been in ICU since the revamp beat it. It’s just embarrassing.

This is all fact. The numbers don’t lie,

3 Likes

The value for 10 in the project lies beyond total people numbers.

It performs well in the demos. There’s also social media presences where people can consume the content in the segments rather than the whole show. There’s the dip in and dip out element of the program as well as non linear viewing. They also produce some very important human interest stories and profiles that wouldn’t be seen on commercial tv if it wasn’t for the project. It arguably has a social conscience that is missing in the noisy extreme right wing media that news corp produces.

Then there’s the brand. It links in with 10s brand in the market and speaks to its specific audience rather than some sort of total mass audience. It’s also good for Australian tv to have live programming coming out of the Melbourne studios.

1 Like

That’s all well and good but don’t they want better for their primetime line up? It brings down the rest of the nights programming.

We have been asking this of 10 for years. They seem to accept 5% on sat nights so the project isn’t that bad.
The project is the least of their worries. They need to work on more important things like getting a better news service and getting large sports rights.

News Corp hates the project because it’s carved out a niche in left wing media. News do not want the public educated and they use the word “woke” as a dirty idea when all it is is a focus and alertness to injustices in society. Being empathetic to those marginalized should not be derided.

And they don’t sell advertising based on total people. So it would be making money of highly targeted demo advertising.

There’s no evidence it’s dragging down the rest of prime time. The audience increases for shows people want to watch. Otherwise they don’t watch 10. It’s always been a low rating total people network over many many years.

3 Likes

Quite true.

It was very interesting to hear Tim Blackwell on Nova having a go at all the clickbait stories that keep being pumped out by Newscorp.

He was responding to their story about Louis Tomlinson on The Project and what a load of tripe their angle was. He basically ended by saying how tiring it was to keep seeing them creating these bullshit stories.

He basically said ehat you said. It’s still one of Ten’s most watched programs broadcast and catch up and it has a massive social media presence. it attracts plenty of high profile advertisers who want to reach their audiences so it’s not going anywhere.

2 Likes

Sunday 24 July -

Lisa is hosting with Rachel Corbett,Tom Cashman and Susie Youssef tonight.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you David, yes, plans changed. It’s being reported tonight that Lisa returning to the panel was a last minute decision, and she will anchor the show for four nights over the next week, before heading off on holidays for most of August.

1 Like

Oh. Interesting. Thank you for the information. Guess those various media outlets were not incorrect after all.

1 Like

Ursula Heger will be hosting The Project on Friday night filling in for Hamish Macdonald.

2 Likes

If you check the descriptions in the online TV guides, usually available from about a week out, Lisa was always listed as hosting tonight.

You can tell when it’s been a last minute change because the names in the guide or the 10Play description are wrong.

4 Likes

If Lisa was always listed as returning tonight someone would have picked up on it days ago and posted here to rebut the claim that she’s away until the end of August.

I’ll post it next time, I didn’t realise people were so obsessed or cared so much until tonight.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean as I just checked next Sunday’s guide and it doesn’t mention who’s hosting?