The Project

Interesting opener tonight. Hamish standing by himself in front of the screen before introducing a story. No introduction of the panel or upcoming stories.

5 Likes

3 Likes

That looks awkward. I would at least have done it like the last shot with Hamish at the screen and the rest at the desk.

1 Like

I don’t mind it, but the lighting on Hamish standing is awful. He’s lost in a sea of distraction behind him

1 Like

It was very weird start to the show tonight, they skipped the opening and basically started with Hamish intro’ing the first story without ever welcoming the rest of the panel. At first I thought the whole show was going to be him hosting sole but then at the end of the story It goes straight to an interview and the other hosts just randomly start appearing one by one asking questions.

3 Likes

Hamish will be hosting a show on ABC soon

Southern Ocean Live airs Tuesday 21 June, 8.30pm, ABC TV and ABC iview. #SouthernOceanLive

Broadcasting from the Southern Ocean Live HQ located at Phillip Island’s Penguin Parade, hosts Hamish Macdonald and Dr Ann Jones will be crossing live to special guests, and telling the stories of incredible creatures, including the resident fairy penguins who raucously return at dusk each night in their thousands.

2 Likes

It really was weird. I wonder if this is a new approach or whether they had a technical problem. While, I think the intros can be a bit long and daft sometimes, even if you do cut out the banter at thr top of the show, I think you do need to at least have the hosts introduced.

3 Likes

Hopefully he allows the penguins time to answer without interrupting them.

1 Like

Same again tonight with Waleed.

It does look rather sinister and it feels weird that they’re mentioning the traditional home of the indigenous people with these severe intros.

3 Likes

I would have both hosts (Waleed and Chrissie/Georgie, Hamish and Lisa etc) do these intro together rather than just one of them. Otherwise it looks like Waleed/Hamish is the sole host and everyone else is a guest host.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Trying to make it flow more naturally from 10 News maybe?

3 Likes

Be interesting to see who does the opener on Sunday.

2 Likes

It’s still to dark. They need a stronger spot on the presenter if they are going to do standing. It looks terrible and like he’s shoved in a corner.

2 Likes

It almost looks like he’s in a interrogation room.

1 Like

I prefer it when they use this sort of opening for an exclusive report or big featured story. It can be a powerful way to present it. If they just do it every day in the opener, then it loses impact.

4 Likes

Agree.
Though maybe it’s an effort to try and retain more people from the news without the switch off/switch over factor that a whole intro and host intro might prompt… especially if you don’t like one of the hosts for the night. And also not doing a top stories recap in the first segment when you’ve just potentially sat through some/all of the news…

1 Like

I agree. I just think the lighting and composition is off and not really appropriate as you said for an every day intro

Thursday 2 June -
Tony Armstrong at the desk tonight.

3 Likes

So they got rid of the “Coming Up” in the intro for the show but now we had a “Coming Up” before the first commercial break and then exactly the same “Coming Up” after that commercial break. :roll_eyes: What a mess!

5 Likes