The Masked Singer

1 Like

I’ll predict Katy Perry. She is spending time in Australia and was here at the time of the filming.

I’m pretty sure it’s the usual Behind the mask special but they’ve added this in to get people watching.

4 Likes

You’re probably right. The performance from Kyle Sandilands last time was pretty much a promo for Paw Patrol on Paramount+.

I hate to break it to you but that’s a jingle not a song. Perfoming that would be a new low for her career.

5 Likes

I mean imagine how Michelle Williams feels looking like an idiot when Beyonce has the #1 album in the world.

Ad just ruined it again.

Now that is a low too. Singing the jingle would just be a lower low. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Exactly. Which is why Katy Perry shouldn’t do it either.

Not trying to shoot you down at all. Just joining the conversation and having a laugh. If you’re going to make these big, bold statements, you going to have to accept that not everyone sees it the way you do.

I think you need to chill out.

1 Like

I think what he’s trying to say is that singing the Menulog tune as part of her performance is pretty tacky and would be a blatant attempt at product placement. You’d think for a primetime singing show they could do better than just throwing in a tune to promote a sponsor just because Katy Perry was involved.

3 Likes

Exactly right and most viewers would agree.

1 Like

With the promo saying it’s the spiciest reveal yet, I am going to guess it’s one of the Spice Girls. I am leaning towards Emma Bunton. Her and Mel B were also just on the new season of The Circle on Netflix.

Poodle Is Unleashed.

Tori Spelling Revealed As Poodle On The Masked Singer Australia.

From Beverly Hills 90210 to The Masked Singer Australia stage, iconic actress Tori Spelling has been unveiled as the special one-off celebrity performer on The Masked Singer Australia.

Her paw- some rendition of Madonna’s Material Girl and Keane’s Somewhere Only We Know, had the judges on their feet, but the perplexing clues lead the panel astray. Abbie Chatfield’s first guess was Tori, but she later locked in Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star, Kyle Richards, Chrissie Swan hedged her bets on pop royalty, Katy Perry, Mel B was certain it was her fellow Spice Girl, Emma Bunton, and Dave Hughes placed a bet on Canadian singer Carly Rae-Jepsen.

Asked to describe her The Masked Singer Australia experience, Tori said: “I had the best time. I’m literally living the dream - I am in Australia. I’m a popstar for the night. My family, even though they don’t know what I’m doing here, they would never believe that I’m here.

The Masked Singer Australia returns on Sunday night at 7.30pm for the grand finale – who will be the final mask to “Take it off!”?

I don’t know why people still need to make these sorts of comparisons. We all know that Beyonce is in a league of her own with her solo career. Michelle to many was often just known as the “third” member of the group. Still she’s a huge name to have on the show from one of the worlds most successful girl groups. I’m sure she was paid well enough to make it more than worthwhile spending a few days performing in a costume.

2 Likes

When Poodle was unmasked as Tori Spelling on last night’s show, many fans were felt let down (based on what I saw on Twitter right after the broadcast) especially after several clues pointed to Emma Bunton. Mel B was very confident Poodle was Emma.

If you had the time to pause and calculate the equation, the result is 90210.

We did in our household. Also, I got the A. Foley was here in 1984 reference. Axel Foley was the character Eddie Murphy played in Beverly Hills Cop.

So we were wondering if it was somebody from Beverly Hills 90210 but then dismissed it. We thought out of the four best known actresses in that series none of them are known for singing and that the performer sounded too good to be an amateur.

3 Likes

They did a good job of getting her in and out of the country without anyone knowing

2 Likes

Mirrorball is Melody Thornton from Pussycat Dolls. She is the answer to the promo clue of someone selling over 50 milliion records. PCD’s have sold 55 million.

Yes I’m inclined to agree. I think Hugh was doing a Warlow impression for that song and it was obviously a darn good one.

1 Like

Have loved this series, and while I loved Dannii previously, this series the judges have been great.

1 Like

Bonnie Anderson and Daniel Doody are live tweeting during the east coast broadcast of the grand final tonight.