The Latest

I’m going to spitball a controversial idea: have The Latest eat back into news at 6:30, then another edition at a consistent late slot - well, barring sports and emergency events.

I’m not paying mind to logistics or ratings, this is solely for the notions that there would be too much continuous news on the schedule and that a late commercial newscast deserves to exist in Australia.

5 Likes

Save your spit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It should be one or the other.

2 Likes

Don’t know if anyone else saw this last night but reckon Seven might be going a bit too far with their cost-cutting!

For context, the crew managed to get the lights back up and working pretty quickly:

7 Likes

Matt Doran co-hosting with Mel tonight

10 Likes

Matt also did a report for The Latest last night.

14 Likes

Good to see most of the former Sunday Night presenters/reporters being used on The Latest

9 Likes

It’s like a reunion. Matt Doran is great.

9 Likes

Looked like a new animated logo on the graphic used for the opener and closer.

6 Likes

Yes, new animation. Here is tonight’s bulletin for those interested:

6 Likes

Jesus that super fast pan almost sent me flying :joy:

What’s wrong with a simple angled shot with a tiny bit of movement? Kind of like the Prime7 Local News opener but the presenters aren’t posing for their names.

8 Likes

It’s neck breaking.

They can remove the blue and it will look spectacular.

4 Likes

Yeah that opener feels very disjointed with the flying shots (still!). That first shot was nice, but the additional one is so unnecessary.

4 Likes

People whinged and moaned about all the red and the minute someone does it in blue, you want to remove it. :rofl:

1 Like

I never said anything about being sick of red did I?

1 Like

But everyone else did.

1 Like

Really? I thought people were happy there was red, don’t recall it being too much.

1 Like

Tipping Denham Hitchcock will win a Logie for best news current affairs - Ruby Princess

Everyone in the media has missed the boat ! BUT this is THE story of the season.

2 Likes

You sure about that?

4 Likes

I am tipping he gives zero interest about winning the Logie for it but cares much more about winking the Walkley!

This was streamed yesterday, BTW:

https://twitter.com/PhilGoyen/status/1245957228596588546?s=20

I think 9 News Sydney and Chris O’Keefe have spoiled 7’s parade with this story last night:

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1245970912962318336?s=20

4 Likes