The Latest

I’ve seen absolutely no promotion for The Latest tonight… No updates, nothing.

Just like last Saturday.

Wait, why hasn’t it started yet?

The news was on bang on 6pm. And I’m assuming the movie started right on 7pm. What am I missing? Did they switch back to the Cricket at 7pm on the main channel or something?

1 Like

Cricket finished at 6:30pm eastern.

There’s no excuse for tonight’s bulletin not beginning at 10:30pm (ie; the time listed in the EPG). I can understand it being late when it follows the Big Bash but not when taped programming precedes it

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t understand. They would know how long the The Sound of Music goes for. It’s only been around for like 60 years. How very strange.

Like it’s nearly 20 minutes past scheduled time…

3 Likes

20 minutes of extra ads. :wink:

They really don’t like the Saturday edition, do they?

1 Like

There was an update presented by Musher during The Sound of Music.

3 Likes

We have had numerous promos in Perth tonight about the Latest.

1 Like

They showed the plasma screen during the closer last night:

7 Likes

Wonderful sounding piano based/slow version of the theme at the end of the bulletin tonight, with sad stories shown.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Some caps of NYE coverage tonight:

6 Likes

13 Likes

That ending sounded very Sunday-esque with Jim Waley.

2 Likes

Puzzling scheduling again next week no edition of The Latest on Friday 11 and Saturday 12 and then on the Sunday there is a double header Big Bash.

I can’t see them sticking with this.

1 Like

They have put an awful lot into it just to ditch altogether after cricket. Why bother with creating new graphics and a new desk when it’s for non-ratings. A similar result could have been achieved with the Sydney set and normal news graphics if need be.

4 Likes

I don’t think it was ever said that it will end soon as the cricket does. Time will tell I guess, but hoping it does stay because its probably one of the best products Seven has produced.

7 Likes

Nah, I can Seven sticking with it. Ratings have been healthy.

1 Like

Ratings have been healthy, but mainly thanks to the Cricket lead-in.

Once the Big Bash Cricket finishes, I do hope that The Latest remains, and in a constant timeslot.

Not sure if it will continue on Fridays and Saturdays once the AFL starts, as the AFL tends to finish extremely overtime 99.89% of the time.

4 Likes