The Latest

Do they and the main bulletins use the upright screen for much presenting other than “coming up” previews? It’s a fantastic part of the set that should definitely see more use!

1 Like

Yes - it is used for pre-recorded reports that are used across the network. Also for the preview of the bulletin.

5 Likes

7 attempting to confuse viewers again with the start time of The Latest tonight.
At the end of the Qld 6pm bulletin, Max Futcher said it would be on at 10.35, the update/ promo says 10.40 and the EPG says 10.43.
Wonder that time it will actually start?

2 Likes

The time that’s on the EPG is the most accurate.

2 Likes

It is nice they were able to update it from 10.35 to 10.40, unless Max was just a bit off.

1 Like

Chris Reason anchoring tonight.

9 Likes

Angela Cox had a turn tonight.

6 Likes

This year’s final episode is scheduled for Wednesday 6 December at 10:00pm, so approximately one week later than 2022. Good to see Seven are gradually extending the season’s length.

2022:

5 Likes

I think it’s based on when the cricket is scheduled rather than Seven choosing when to end it.

Last year the first test match started on November 30 (day/night match), and The Latest finished on Nov 29.

This year the Big Bash starts December 7, so The Latest is finishing Dec 6.

7 Likes

Tony Auden tonight from the new Brisbane studio

4 Likes

They could easily do The Latest from other cities. I really think Mike Amor would fit this show well.

8 Likes

Angle still isn’t perfect but that’s much more readable.

1 Like

I see that last night’s The Latest had one of, if not the lowest rating so far this year. It rated significantly lower than the other late bulletins including SBS World News and ABC Late News. The lead in programs of Big Brother and The Endgame didn’t help with very low rankings.

4 Likes

Didn’t that not air?

That was last night.

1 Like

The bulletin recovered last night to a good rating that was more than double the Tuesday audience. Go figure!

6 Likes

First scheduled bulletin of the year is Monday 29 January 10:30pm

8 Likes

29/1/2024 Chris Reason is presenting tonight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2rb2fdP1oq/

7 Likes

Tom Sacre did a breaking news story tonight regarding a “Shark Bite” in Sydney Harbour. And Chris Reason thanked him for the live report.

1 Like
11 Likes