The Latest

If the outcome of that segment isn’t worthy of an ACMA investigation, I don’t know what is! /s

3 Likes

A few minor changes to the graphics tonight including;

New:

Old:

And new Final Frame text:

Old:

And yes these caps are from the same bulletin because i was to lazy to get other caps😂

10 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

The Latest will sure have a big night tomorrow night. I have a huge feeling that majority of its bulletin will be on the soccer, following the Matilda’s Semi-Final.

It will probably get a small boost in the “preliminary ratings” (perhaps the biggest number we’ll see for this bulletin). But then again, it will air after the 30-minute Post-Match segment, so there’ll probably be a drop in viewership by the time it airs in the official numbers.

8 Likes

They are uploading clips of tonight’s bulletin 10 minutes before it actually airs.

2 Likes

Obviously lots of the latest is pre-recorded. Is it the same on 9News late, is their bulletin mainly prerecorded too? Or do seven staff just have earlier bed times?

Nine seem to slap the live bug on lots more crosses, but maybe they are not truely live (just recorded live).

2 Likes

I can tell the financial report is pre-recorded, however i’m not sure about the rest. Nine has done a pretty good job hiding it if so.

The choppy editing is dead giveaway that The Latest is recorded.

2 Likes

Anything on Nine News Late labelled as “Live” is actually live.
As sj mentioned, the financial report is prerecorded so they don’t show any “live” labelling on that segment.
The same has happened in the past if some of the other crosses are prerecorded.

3 Likes

Nine’s bulletin is live because it is a typical news bulletin that uses the majority of its resources from Perth 6pm.

The Latest, like The Project, has its own production team and features guest interviews as a part of its format (guests may not always be available at 11pm).

8 Likes

Well… if you live on the east coast it is :wink:

4 Likes

The case with any national bulletin though.

2 Likes

Happened to catch the start of The Latest last night after the World Cup. They had a very awkward live cross to Stadium Australia where the reporter made a few mistakes and didn’t look too polished.

Then they had this extended cross to London at a live site. Quite ridiculous to have such a long live cross to a live site of the losing team. Now if they had someone in Spain to show the live site of the winning team, an extended cross would have made sense. Then you could have shown London too to commiserate with the losers. But spending so much time talking about England losing and trying to make it relatable by telling us “the King watched it”, made no sense.

8 Likes

They had a clip on tonight’s bulletin of the Official Opening of the Seven News Studios at Eveleigh. Prime Minister Anthony Albanese officially opened the studio. He did a speech, saying how good and reliable Seven News is. Which is a big get in itself.

Also in attendance was NSW Premier Chris Minns, Seven Chair Kerry Strokes and Seven’s CEO James Warburton, and Michael “Musher” Usher.

10 Likes

Plus Natalie Barr and Matt Shirvington.

5 Likes

29/8/2023 Paul Kadak is presenting tonight.

2 Likes

Has he hosted the latest yet?

2 Likes

I believe he did at least once during the Martin Place days (though happy to be corrected).

2 Likes

He hosted for a few days just after moving i believe.

5 Likes

Yes, he hosted 20th July last month (up above)

9 Likes