The Latest

Always enjoy watching the lapel mic move up and down between “live” crosses :thinking:

2 Likes

The Latest got a promo in Sydney during the news. No time mentioned.

No promo in Queensland or mention at the end of the bulletin but a reminder to tune into Sunrise.

3 Likes

Same last night in brisbane.

3 Likes

Sydney got an advisory tonight during the news.

2 Likes

There will be a special 1 hour bulletin of The Latest on budget night 9:50pm Tuesday 29 March.

6 Likes

This latest edition was dedicated to the first day of the campaign.

2 Likes

No new graphics?

1 Like

The Latest was always a bit different to the rest of 7News, I’d give them a pass to do their own thing.

Plus, not too sure viewers would appreciate bright white graphics and supers late at night :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve always liked The Latest’s graphics.

3 Likes

Is this new? A special feature on the crisis facing the local construction industry was posted on YouTube tonight.

3 Likes

So this wasn’t aired on TV anywhere?

It is an extended version of the segment that aired the other night. I’m pretty sure it didn’t last 18 minutes on air.

1 Like

What was “First Edition” is now an in-depth look at a current topic, exclusively digital (7plus and YouTube).

Then parts of that are used later in the broadcast bulletin.

6 Likes

Wednesday 11 May - special edition to follow The Great Debate: The Final Showdown

Immediately following the debate, Michael Usher will anchor a special edition of The Latest including the winner tallies and a comprehensive breakdown of the key issues.

5 Likes

Ned Balme rambling again on a live cross to Brisbane tonight. He was similar during the recent rolling flood coverage in Qld I recall.

1 Like

Does anyone know why this wasn’t on tonight?

Two reasons, could be one, the other, or a combination:

• Charlie’s Angels started at 9.35pm and only finishes at 12.05am
  • A rostering issue. Angela Cox was absent from the weekend news bulletins in Sydney so might’ve been unavailable tonight, and perhaps Michael Usher was also unavailable.
5 Likes

It’s Seven.

5 Likes

If they don’t have a pre-midnight timeslot, it generally does not run.

1 Like

Ohh. Well that explains it.