The Latest

There are some nights when it isn’t scheduled because of other program commitments or holidays, but otherwise seems to be a 7-day a week program.

1 Like

What are the chances of Perth doing there own version :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I think member @David first reported here a few days ago after finding it in the future schedule.

And was under embargo for some time before that.

2 Likes

Sorry, wasn’t aware it was a pissing contest.
End of the day, I was being facetious, I couldn’t actually care less who “broke” what first.

The latest Backdrop looks very NBC Rock Center ish to me / the old 3 News Orange and blue background

11 Likes

Wow. Looks good, I like it.

How did you obtain this? C Band feed?

1 Like

Yep they forgot to switch before testing.

2 Likes

No need to get so irritable :roll_eyes:

I had no intention of making it a ‘pissing contest’ at all, it was only a tongue-in-cheek comment based on the major networks being childish with watermarking on news stories. I couldn’t care less on who broke the story first either.

I simply don’t understand why my comment, which was responding to a question from you, required such an unnecessarily stern and hostile response.

Consider this issue finished before I say too much about it and drift too far off topic.

1 Like

I’m not irritable at all!
There was absolutely no hostility at all in my response (actually, that sentence is the most hostile thing I’ve said). What I don’t understand is how you thought what you thought about my response to be honest.
Glad we agree that we don’t care less.
And I was done with this before I got the response, my sole point was to point out (facetiously) that I hadn’t read about it here first. Cheers.

Looking back, my response was the most hostile. Sorry about that

Very interesting. Reminds me of the “sunbeam” desk set, crossed with the 2004 sliding glass graphics package…

3 Likes

… I still hold out hope that one day they’ll re-launch the 7pm bulletin on 7Two or an alternative to H&A on 7.
The 7pm bulletin with Mel Doyle was great while it lasted but obviously wasn’t the right timing to gain an audience.

All good, tone is always hard to convey and decipher online.
As for this, I think it’ll go alright. Definitely launching it in the right slot (post BBL) and Usher is one of the better operators going round. I think some sort of late news is a good thing, it might skew older but still get eyes on the Network.

1 Like

this could be an issue. if someone is tuning in to see it and it’s not there all it will do is alienate the audience.

2 Likes

Which desk was that? I’m not aware of some of the set nicknames, other than the ‘Twisted Metal’ national set nickname from the mid 2000s to early 2010s. :stuck_out_tongue:

To me when I was a lot younger, the August 31st 2004-February 8th 2010 graphics package was the one that showed authority the most (that trumpet), as well as being unique from the other Networks, before they decided to go the Helvetica Neue font-route in 2011. It’d be nice if they go for a semi-return to this style for ‘The Latest’ and possibly Seven News as a whole if a graphics refresh is due.

Probably this one:

Side note: Oh, how I miss seeing the presenter in that cap so much. 10 News First will be very lucky to have her next year! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You have to admit though, that the bulletin she was fronting and the set she’s sitting on was hideous at the time.

3 Likes

So is this launching tonight?

Wednesday 19th as per the media release.