The Latest

Schedule for the first week of The Latest

Monday 11:00 pm
Tuesday 11:00 pm
Wednesday 10:30 pm
Thursday 10:45 pm
Friday not shown

4 Likes

Is this from this Monday or the following week?

Starting on 22 February

1 Like

Am I right in saying that the colours/graphics of the desk in this picture are new?

I don’t remember the bottom section being blue before.

6 Likes

I think its typically been red for The Latest but the desk changes colours with the set.

1 Like

The Latest from 7NEWS returns tonight

Following a remarkable year of growth and ratings success in 2020, The Latest from 7NEWS returns tonight on the Seven Network and 7plus after a summer hiatus.

Anchored by Michael Usher and Angela Cox on alternate weeknights, The Latest from 7NEWS is a nightly live news program covering the very latest breaking news from at home and around the world, as well as up-to-the-minute developments on the biggest news events of the day.

Usher said: “I can’t wait to get back into The Latest studio. It’s a milestone week as COVID vaccines roll out across the country. As we do every night on The Latest , we’ll have it covered in every corner of the country.

“We have a really engaged and loyal nightly audience, and we’re looking forward to keeping our viewers up to date in the evening.”

The Latest from 7NEWS reached close to 12 million viewers nationally on Channel 7 throughout 2020 and 8.5 million in the capital cities.

Other highlights for the program in 2020 included:

• 383,000 viewers nationally, 251,000 in the capital cities
• Total audience up 70% on 2019
• Streamed 28 million minutes on 7plus
• BVOD audience of 5000 on 7plus with over 90% live

At the end of 2020, Australia’s #1 news service confirmed The Latest from 7NEWS had been licenced to NBC in Papua New Guinea, Mai TV in Fiji, TTV in the Solomon Islands and VBTV in Vanuatu as part of the PacificAus TV initiative.

Editions will also screen on Kiri One in Kiribati, NTV in Nauru and Tuvalu.tv in the long-term content agreement through to the end of 2021, the result of a partnership between Free TV Australia and the Federal Government.

4 Likes

It’s about time the show returned - a news program being off-air for over 2 & 1/2 months is ridiculous.

Also, has this promo which Michael Usher uploaded on his Instagram page aired on TV?

5 Likes

The show isn’t even on air every night, what a load of crap.

They’re all watching 9 News Late, since you’ve been off the air for so long.

8 Likes

And hopefully this solidifies its funding.

NBC has an affiliate station in PNG?

No:

2 Likes

The Latest is back tonight. I am looking forward to it.

I am also looking forward to the comments in here on how late The Latest is, and how inconsistent the timeslot is, and not as many complaints on Nine’s Late News forums page about the same thing :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

I’ve never seen that promo anywhere

Will anyone here be tuning in tonight?

You’d imagine that most of The Latest’s viewers would be those who were watching the preceding program on any given night on Seven?

I also imagine that a lot of viewers are casual ones who just stumble across the program. I can’t imagine that too many people would tune in for the program itself given the changing timeslots and the fact it’s been off air for nearly three months.

3 Likes

End of Brisbane News

Coming Up promo

7 Likes

4 Likes

You’re spot on. No one would be tuning in. It’s entirely reliant on lead in.

1 Like

Too late!

1 Like

Not sure why there was so much promotion for Michael Usher presenting The Latest. Should have promoted the show.

4 Likes