Cada (formerly The Edge 96.1)

Desperate attempt to get a mention in an industry publication.

The Edge breakfast co-host Emma Chow gave birth to a boy named Valentino this week.
https://radioinfo.com.au/news/edge-96one-fm-welcomes-baby-valentino

Who is filling in?

As the article says:

Mike E (is) hosting the show with help from ‘Producer Nat’ and ‘Casual Mandy’, who will keep him in line until Emma is back.

Just wondering, I am not interested in the KIIS format Vs The The Edge 96.One, but for those fans are there a lot of overlap? I guess a comparison between WSFM & Triple M is a similar comparison of the overlap in music? Was thinking would it make sense to have it as a Classic Hits 4kq format would be “less overlap than the above” when coupled with wsfm? ie Perhaps Cruise 96.1 FM. :slight_smile:.

1 Like

They both play Top 50 hits, so yes there is. The difference is that The Edge plays the rap and hip hop hits which KIIS doesn’t. KIIS plays more old school music instead.

2 Likes

Apparently, it launched last Sunday (30th August).

3 Likes

Good to hear that Gemma Maddox (a name which I think we’re likely to hear more of in the future) is continuing to move up in the Australian radio industry. She’s certainly come a long way since her days at Max FM Taree! :slight_smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve got to say, I’m loving that ARN are investing more into The Edge and making into a station as strongly resourced as KIIS and Pure Gold stations, rather than just a Western Suburbs add-on.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Good on Corey Layton and the team for continuing this. Corey has a keen eye to the future.

2 Likes

…last Friday.

2 Likes

Wow that’s so sad, they were always one of my top choices for breakfast listening.
I wonder who will fill there shoes and if they have been poached by anther station.

2Day FM I’m looking at you…

2 Likes

Only if they blow up 2day fm and turn it into a youth station.

Hughesy, Ed and Erin for Triple M drive???
Mikey & Emma for Breakfast on the All New Hit 104 for 2022???

4 Likes

I could imagine them being tried out at Nights before moving to Breakfast.

2 Likes

This could go a couple of ways

1. They could go to 2day fm Nights, but the Hit network is skewing older now, and would they fit it???

2. The articles mention they are leaving the Edge, but are they leaving ARN. Maybe KIIS could be launching a new night show with them which may also go out across the former Hot AC Grant stations once the merge is completed.
    At the moment KIIS has no real night show, they have been airing highlights of the Kiis 101.1 breakfast show after the Best of KJO.

4 Likes

It would be smart to put them on nights so they don’t lose them to the competition and have a back-up team for the future.

Mike E sounds and acts like a Kyle Sandilands mini-me. So if KIIS lost Kyle and Jackie O sometime down the track, these two could easily slot in.

2 Likes

Duncan Campbell said he’s looking forward to see what they do next. To me that means he’s unsure, so unlikely staying at ARN.

Did they jump, or were they pushed? There’s been a few appointments to The Edge this year so it seemed like they were about to ramp up the brand. Was it ARNs plan to bring in new blood, or has this thrown a spanner in the works for them

3 Likes

But he could also be saying that if he knows what they’re doing but can’t say yet.

3 Likes