The Daily Edition

Thursday 6 June -

Samantha Brett is co-hosting with Ryan today.

3 Likes

Jessica Ridley is co-presenting with Ryan today.

4 Likes

Friday 7 June -

5 Likes

TDE is a good opportunity for reporters to get presenting experience. Nice to see

5 Likes

Would love to see Jessica Ridley get a run on Footy Central on Seven’s AFL coverage if required (would fill in for Jacqui Felgate). I think that will boost her profile significantly.

2 Likes

If you are interested in the audience that TDE pulls, yesterday’s result:

2 Likes

Yesterday marked six years since TDE commenced.
Unbelievable. I like Sally but this show is :poop:.

5 Likes

…and unlike The Morning Show, I don’t think any of the original presenters are still on The Daily Edition to this day.

One notable segment of the first edition though was an interview with Ian Ross (which if I’m not mistaken, was sadly his last before passing away from pancreatic cancer :cry:)!

5 Likes

Sally Obermeder is an original host.

8 Likes

Thursday 27 June &

Samantha Brett co-hosting with Ryan.

2 Likes

Friday 28 June -

Jessica Ridley co-hosting with Ryan today.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. Appalling ratings.

Surely this show can’t be making money off those ratings? Have the informercial companies been duped into paying too much for airtime on these shows?

is she ever hosting though?

Is this Obermeder hosting this past week?

1 Like

It’s still higher than many daytime shows and costs next to nothing to produce. I guess the sales of their products gives them an indication of whether advertising on these shows works or not.

2 Likes

Friday 5 July -

Larry Emdur co-hosting with Sally

5 Likes

And Angie Asimus is presenting news updates.

4 Likes

Monday 8 July -

Angie Asimus is co-hosting with Ryan.

Tuesday 9 July -

Jessica Ridley is co-hosting with Ryan.

4 Likes

Could this explain why she wasn’t on Sunrise this morning? Amber Laidler held the fort in Sydney.

1 Like

Just maybe Amber and her are sharing the role on Sunrise nowadays.
I do remember on more than one occasion when Samantha Brett has filled in on TDE she has also worked on Sunrise in the morning, but obviously that’s not the case with Jess today.
Anyway must say Jess’s bubbly personality and hosting skills are perfect for this show.

2 Likes