The Block

Because he doesn’t understand why it’s something someone finds racist. Clearly he doesn’t understand why they find it racist.

No it offends many people of middle eastern decent.

Well that’s just unfortunate isn’t it. If people are doing something dodgy or it appears they’re doing something dodgy like it did for Omar and Oz then it’s going to get called out. They don’t get a free ride just because it offends them. You can’t just go oh they’re middle eastern better not ask questions based on actual evidence because it might offend them based on a racial stereotype.

1 Like

I just can’t be bothered with racial ignorance anymore that’s why I left the conversation with you earlier.

You just don’t get it.

It has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with racial discrimination. At all. These boys were shown to not be doing much physical labour at all but managed to have lots of tradies etc at their house all the time. It doesn’t matter what ethnicity they are, it looked dodgy. You’ve created this false narrative in your head that people are being racist.

We didn’t just pull these allegations out of thin air. There were things happening that didn’t add up.

It really really is that simple.

Calling out racism is a massive deal. It’s very dangerous too. But in this case there’s just nothing in it.

You are seeing things that aren’t there.

2 Likes

Again there was an audit conducted where nothing was found. Omar and Oz continually said they worked late nights every night. You ignore that. Who Is creating the false narrative…

The use of the word dodgy is the racial slur and you aren’t getting it. You have every right to say anything you want with evidence (which there are none of) but you keep labelling the word dodgy which they have said is a racial slur.

A Current Affair has full of dodgy builders too. Of all ethnicities.

As for the ratings of The Block Final last night. Massive in today’s terms. Quite an achievement for a long running reality show.

3 Likes

Everyone can have differing interpretations on various words, but that doesn’t mean it’s automatically meant in a malicious way. Dodgy is a very general term, a term used everyday in many scenarios to describe dishonesty. I don’t believe for a second anyone using that very general term meant it in a racial way. ACA has been labelling people of all colour and backgrounds dodgy for decades without a fuss.

8 Likes

I’m done. If people can’t see how that term isn’t racist after a contestant said it was a slur their families and communities have been getting since being in australia it shows peoples racial ignorance. We have a long way to go as a country and it’s embarrassing on a national level we still have such ignorance. I would be embarrassed if I were people using such terms.

Just to end things here for the night. A little bit of reflection if you will. At the time of this post, not one person has liked any of your posts today nor have anyone agreed with you. Have a think about it. I know you don’t care but it’s food for thought that maybe, just maybe, with this particular scenario, that you have it wrong and you’ve read too much into it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call the boys dodgy, they were cheeky.

They were always having fun, they were always high spirited, they saw the positives in every situation and when they tried to bend the rules they did it in a non malicious way.

Congratulations to them. They produced a very nice house.

I’m not sure we are getting anywhere again with this discussion and I’m not sure accusing the forum of blanket underlying racism is particularly helpful either.

12 Likes

Adrian Portelli has just purchased Ankur and Sharon’s house for $4.25m.

2 Likes

That will shut all the conspiracy theorists up

And they made same profit as Ryan and Rachel. Why didn’t he bid for it on the day? Seems like damage control to me

1 Like

Or not!

Apparently the purchase also included the $80k car they won in the Ford pottery challenge.

Portelli has also announced (via Instagram) that he will give Ankur and Sharon’s house away in a competition.

Inside the battle to sell the final house from The Block

One couple is still struggling to sell their house a full week after the controversial finale of The Block broke records in more than one way.

The couple has the unfortunate distinction of being the only participants in this year’s season not to have sold the house they worked so hard to build.