The Bachelorette

The editing certainly made it seem more dramatic than I guess it was. Well done WB :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve been enjoying it on par with any other season. I would actually go as far as saying that Matty is my favourite contestant from any Aussie version of The Bachelor/Bachelorette. Heā€™s such a fun, bubbly and genuine guy who is really there for the right reasons. I hope he takes it out. If he doesnā€™t he would be perfect to be the next Bachelor.

1 Like

Georgiaā€™s mother Belinda has been admitted to palliative care to battle her ā€œaggressiveā€ form of pancreatic cancer just days before the finale. Not sure at this stage how it will affect Georgiaā€™s media commitments before and after the show.

1 Like

Great finale, even closer than The Bachelor this year!

Very emotional bowing out for Matty J, so ā€˜humble in defeatā€™, but Lee was meant to be, he was so stoked!

Hope we see the series again next year, but better planning needs to go into programming, few tweaks and maybe air the season straight after MasterChef and/or before The Block?

When was this season filmed? Mid-year?

100% correct. It was filmed after The Bachelor.

1 Like

###Georgia Finds True Love with Lee.

The Bachelorette Australiaā€™s Emotional Grand Finale.

In tonightā€™s show-stopping season finale of The Bachelorette Australia, Georgia introduced Lee and Matty to her family and enjoyed one last date with the remaining Bachelors, before she faced the biggest decision of her life.

Arriving in Singapore, Georgia was reunited with her father Chris and sister Katie, who flew to the tropical metropolis to meet and quiz Georgiaā€™s final two Bachelors.

Matty was the first to be introduced to Georgiaā€™s family and while he impressed with his charm and sense of humour, the family had concerns about him living in Sydney.

When Chris met Lee, Chris noticed more physical chemistry with Georgia, but her sister worried that Georgia was getting too swept up in Leeā€™s sweet words. After Katie voiced her concerns, Lee did his best to prove he was falling in love with Georgia, but she still had hesitations.

Georgia then sat down with her family to gather their opinions. Chris preferred Lee but Katie was in favour of Matty.

Georgia enjoyed one final date with Matty, taking him to a traditional garden of bells. Together they rang a Bell of Happiness, meant to bring everlasting peace and happiness.

Their date ended in a butterfly park, where Matty confessed he wanted nothing more than to be the final man standing.

Lee and Georgia began their final date with a rickshaw ride through the streets of Singapore, before taking a boat ride and ending their day with a romantic swim at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel.

As they swam, Lee told Georgia he hoped her family approved of him and admitted he was well and truly in love with her.

After two perfect dates, it was time for Georgia to make her final decision.

Surrounded by a gorgeous trail of rose petals and flowers, Georgia awaited the arrival of the Bachelors. She excitedly told Osher that although the situation was bittersweet, she had fallen madly in love.

Matty arrived first and Georgia, struggling to hold back tears, told him that while he was amazing, she was in love with someone else. A heartbroken Matty wished Georgia the best and gave her a goodbye hug.

Matty, 30, said: ā€œIt hurts a lot. You canā€™t help but feel like you have found one in a million and then lost it. I wish I didnā€™t love her right now. I wish you could flick a switch and stop having those feelings toward someone.

ā€œThe positive you can take out of it is that she has found the man of her dreams. Even though it is not me, I am glad it has happened for her.ā€

Georgia moved on to the moment she had been waiting for. When Lee arrived, she could not contain her excitement. Looking Lee in the eye, Georgia declared she had fallen madly in love with him. Overwhelmed with emotion, Lee also proclaimed his love for Georgia. They embraced, kissed and enjoyed their first moment together as a couple.

Lee, 35, said: ā€œThis is just the beginning. I love Georgia so much, she has made me the happiest man alive.ā€

Georgia, 28, said: ā€œLee is the kind of person that offers the kind of relationship I always sought out and never found. Being able to look Lee in the eye and tell him I love him is the best feeling ever.ā€

Well that sucked. Matty was just an awesome guy and you could tell genuinely really liked Georgia. Lee came across so fake to me the entire season. I just donā€™t believe the guy speaks like that constantly to not be an act. It feels like he has a constant script with the right things to say - as Georgiaā€™s sister clearly pointed out as well. He was definitely the best looking guy there but he came across the fakest as well.

Matty for Bachelor and Nikki for Bachelorette in 2017 please!!

This show provides lots of clickbait for The Daily Telegraph.
The Daily Telegraph

The Bachelorette Australia 2017

Network Ten is delighted to announce that The Bachelorette Australia will return to TEN for a third season.

1 Like

Iā€™m not exactly surprised. It was still doing better than many other shows in their key demos. I really think Ten should split the two up next year. Air one between Celebrity and Masterchef and the other with Survivor after Masterchef. It will give it that needed 12 week break.

1 Like

One of them could be matched up with The Biggest Loser across the weekā€¦

Iā€™m A Celeb/Shark Tank
The Biggest Loser/The Bachelor
Masterchef
Survivor/The Bachelorette

1 Like

A scathing review.

Bachelorette Australia fans switch off in droves as viewers turn on franchise
SMH

Preferably yes I agree they should do it that way but given I doubt either will go into production until early next year I donā€™t think it will happen. Plus it would be more cost effective to film both pretty much back to back. Maybe Ten plan on airing TBL in that Celeb to Masterchef gap next year?

Yeah I agree it is doubtful. Production would probably need to start, at the latest January. But couldnā€™t they still film the series back to back even though one will start a bit earlier? It just means they would have to keep their relationship secret for a bit longer.

[quote]The Bachelorette couple Georgia Love and Lee Elliott have admitted using false names on domestic flights, a federal offence.

The winning pair candidly revealed using false identities in order to keep the result of the television show a secret, Daily Telegraph reports.

[/quote]

It would seem to be serious offence:

[quote]Carriage service offenceā€“taking a flight using an air passenger ticket
(2) A person (the defendant ) commits an offence if:
(a) the defendant takes a flight using an air passenger ticket; and
(b) identification information was used (whether by the defendant or another person) to obtain the ticket; and
Ā© the information resulted in the identification of a person as a passenger on the flight; and
(d) the information is false in relation to the defendant; and
(e) a carriage service was used (whether by the defendant or another person) to obtain the ticket; and
(f) the flight starts or ends within Australia.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 12 months.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/num_act/cladicaoma2012748/sch2.html
[/quote]

Oh oh. They are in trouble, will probably turn into a fine.

Next weekā€™s All Star Family Feud

2 Likes

Bacheloretteā€™s mum loses cancer battle

THE mother of Bachelorette Georgia Love has been remembered as ā€œloving and loyalā€ after she died of pancreatic cancer.

Belinda Love, aged 60, died on Saturday after a six-month battle with the disease.

Very sad news.

Not at all surprised to read of this happening. But still very sad news to hear though. :worried:

Yes it is very sad news.

This weekā€™s TV Week has a preview of the All Star Family Feud featuring The Bachelors v The Bachelorettes. Osher Gunsberg (who hosts both shows) will be captain of The Bachelor team which also includes Richie Strahan, Davey Lloyd and Dave Billsborrow (both from season 1 of The Bachelorette). Georgia Love will lead The Bachelorette team, which also includes Alex Nation, Keira McGuire and Heather Maltman.