The Bachelor Australia

There are reports this morning that Shane Warne could be lined up to be the next Bachelor. Yes I take the rumours with a grain of salt as they come from gossip magazines but I really hope that Ten don’t go down that sort of path just because Sophie as a celeb did so well. Sophie worked because she was a name that most people knew but she wasn’t mega high profile to most people. Plus she was very relatable to most people. Putting someone as high profile as Warne would just be a complete backward step for the show IMO. Plus he’s pretty much a sleeze bag, it would be painful to sit through.

1 Like

That Shane Warne rumour has been denied.

Ten CEO Paul Anderson has flagged changes to Bachelor/ette franchise at Screen Producers Australia’s Screen Forever conference today: https://mumbrella.com.au/ten-ceo-flags-changes-bachelor-bachelorette-franchises-484109
I think the producers only have to think carefully when they choose the guys and ladies for the competition.

Not exactly.

Anderson was asked point blank if Shane Warne would be fronting the franchise, as per tabloid media reports.

There was no confirmation or denial, with Anderson simply joking: “I think Julia Morris said it was going to be called Nicorette, not Bachelorette”.

2 Likes

Footage from The Bachelor Australia is being used to promote the first season of The Bachelor Greece on ANT1. It’s being promoted as the show screened in America, Australia and Germany now comes to Greece.

Richie from The Bachelor Australia features in a number of scenes and they are encouraging participants in Australia to apply with the promo running on Antenna (ANT1) Pacific.

Now it’s the standard magazines saying this stuff but there are rumours that Cameron Cranley from Georgia Love’s season of The Bachelorette will be the next Bachelor.

If this is true he’s an odd choice. Given it will be two years since that season aired, it was a very low rating season of the show and he came 4th or 5th. I doubt he’s that memorable to anyone. He is the right type of person for the role though.

There are also rumours that it could be a double Bachelor season, with his bro in the mix too. I think they have done seasons like that in the US of the Bachelorette, where there were two Bahcelorette’s and in the first episode one of them got voted off or something. It could be an interesting twist.

Other way around. Cam is from Georgia’s Bachelorette season and he could be the next Bachelor.

The Bachelor Winter Games premiered in the US on Tuesday. The show sees past contestants from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette franchises from around the world gathering at a resort in Manchester, Vermont, to compete in winter sports challenges. There are two competitors from Down Under: Courtney Dober (The Bachelorette Australia season 2) and Tiffany Scanlon (The Bachelor Australia season 4).

They need new blood. Recycling bachelors has not had a good success rate.

I agree especially off the back of the Bachelor in Paradise they should be getting new blood for the next season.

What? The network is seriously going for celebrities to do it. From Sophie Monk to Nick “Honey Badger” Cummins who is a former Rugby Union player.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/nick-honey-badger-cummins-set-to-be-new-tv-bachelor/news-story/618053ac50868a3fb85b5850a806a71a

Genius.

While I think he would undoubtedly be great to watch similarly to Sophie, I wouldn’t want Ten or Warner Bros to start setting a precedence of particularly hiring semi well known personalities for the purposes of improved ratings. It seems like some short term gains could affect the overall longevity of the various formats moving forward with viewers tiring of this or not being so interested in seeing ‘nobodies’ cast after this.

2 Likes

Original story (no pay wall)

An exclusive rumour anyone? :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Nick Cummins confirmed as The Bachelor 2018 on The Project just now.

Is Cummins still playing rugby union, even though the press release says he is taking a break from the sport?

Nick Cummins Is Australia’s New Bachelor.

“Honey Badger” Is Ready To Find Love.

Network Ten is delighted to announce that Wallabies star and Aussie larrikin Nick “Honey Badger” Cummins is the new Bachelor for 2018 and he is ready to find true love on The Bachelor Australia, coming soon to TEN and WIN Network.

Physically striking, successful and smart, the sporting talent of this wild-haired winger, Nick’s wicked sense of humour and his distinctive, witty one-liners have made him a hero, both on and off the field.

One of Australian rugby’s most-loved characters, Nick’s career saw him celebrate a 15 Test match career with the Australian Wallabies, play a season with the Australian Sevens, earn a Commonwealth Games silver medal, and play with the Western Force and overseas in Japan.

Earning the moniker “Honey Badger” because of his strength, ferocity and toughness, Nick displayed a flamboyant, never-say-die approach on the field, which captivated crowds.

Currently taking a break from the game, Nick has the world at his feet. He has written two books about his life (a third book is in the works), travels extensively and has appeared in advertising campaigns for several high-profile brands.

Recently he was signed by Netflix to co-host season three of Ultimate Beastmaster shot in Los Angeles (to be released mid-2018), co-developed and starred in National Geographic Channel’s Meanwhile in Australia… which will be launched this year and was the face of Tourism Australia’s global youth campaign Aussie News Today!.

Nick said: “I’m really looking forward to throwing everything at this opportunity to finding the one.

“The past 10 or so years has been on the road playing rugby or working on my projects, so I’m very excited to be part of a show that is centred around love and good times.”

Network Ten Executive Producer of The Bachelor Australia, Hilary Innes, said: “We are delighted that Nick has agreed to be Australia’s next Bachelor. He will bring a refreshing, honest and cheeky energy to season six. On top of all his incredible achievements, he is both loveable and surprising. I know he will be a phenomenal Bachelor.”

1 Like

Only checking in to say that I’m going to confuse this “honey badger” with Daniel Ricciardo (who is also nicknamed the “honey badger”).

Wow, big reaction online to this. The Facebook post alone has had 36k likes, more than 56k comments and 2k shares.

Aren’t the comments mostly negative though? I know amongst my friends and what I’ve seen on social media most people are thinking a big WTF. It’s a bizarre choice. I don’t even know who he is but he’s not your typical Bachelor and doesn’t appeal to me at all.

1 Like