The Amazing Race Australia

Maybe, but perhaps they’ve extended the filming to give the (inexperienced?) contestants a bit more rest time, unlike the US version where often the only break is the 12 hours after they check in at the pitstop.

1 Like

Maybe but he did say in that interview they didn’t take it easy on the contestants.

1 Like

Maybe it’s because of long travel time between some countries (e.g. from an Asian country to an African country).

1 Like

Those countries?

2 Likes

Not necessarily. It’s still only 8 countries and 11 teams. The only way I can see they could make it longer is by having an extra non-elim leg or two or by not having pit stops every episodes. I’d be surprised if they did this because they could’ve easily extended the season and kept the same format simply by adding more teams. They didn’t go that way.

A 5 week filming frame probably means they just took more breaks between legs or he is including pre and post production in the filming times. Most US seasons are between 3-4 weeks so his time frames aren’t a heap longer.

I feel like Ten plan to air this and The Bachelorette together so it would make sense both are a similar legnth to kick off once the Masked Singer ends.

3 Likes

Your probably right and they’ll both end early December. With no other programming on the horizon then ten will fail in programming 50 weeks. They’ll have programmed 48 weeks. Given they started January 13 they would’ve needed new premium programming up to New Years.

3 Likes

Here we go again. :roll_eyes: Who said it has to be “premium” for 50 weeks of the year? They said they will be programming for 50 weeks of the year. You’ve added the “premium”.

4 Likes

They said 50.

I am not sure. I think 10 could potentially air One Born Every Minute, Ambulance, Bondi and Kyle all after these shows end. They are all Australian and as you would say ‘premium’.

That could be true perhaps. I’m just not convinced. They said as they have no sport they’ll spend the money they would’ve used on cricket to program a 50 Week entertainment schedule. If they run lame for the last two weeks of the year then they lied.

It’s a simplistic way to look at it I agree but it’s just that Mcgarvey has had long enough to turn the network around and she keeps repeating the same mistakes. The only caveat on that is that this year there has been some marginal improvement in the second half of the year.

1 Like

To be honest I was never convinced they could run a 50 week schedule - whatever that meant. But I believe they have done a better job than I thought they would.

We still don’t know what will air in December but fact is 10 are still promoting One Born Every Minute Australia and Trial By Kyle. They still have Ambulance Australia and Todd Sampson. So for the final 2-3 weeks they have shows they can air in that 7:30 slot. Not to mention shows from CBS.

I’m not counting those. Given they didn’t provide a criteria the standard I will apply is first run Australian content in the 7:30pm slot at least 4 days a week.

1 Like

They may have said 50 but there have been scheduling changes too throughout the year (e.g. I think they started Masterchef earlier than planned which shafted the last few eps of BIP to the later time slot) which would get their plans out of whack. They also didn’t announce The Amazing Race or The Masked Singer at the start of the year either so they wouldn’t have known how many episodes of shows they were doing until these were all filmed and finalised.

The 50 week thing would have pretty much been their ideal plan to program for the bulk of the year. Realistically 48 weeks of new content is a good effort if it goes that way.

1 Like

So what about the other two weeks? Test pattern?

In all the podcasts I listened to Beverley specifically made mention to their relationship with CBS and US content so of course that will make up the 50 week schedule.

I think you are deciding what you would want from a 50 week schedule not actually what was suggested.

2 Likes

Promo

3 Likes

I like these promo’s they are fresh and sneak but they are showing us no content. I’m worried Ten are rushing this season out too quickly.

I think you’ll find that’s part of their broader marketing strategy, build up suspense and knowledge that it’s coming back. Who wants to watch the same footage from the show for the next month before it premieres anyway?

I wouldn’t be worried they’re rushing it to air either, filming is already in the can and they still have another month or so in post production and they can still be editing later episodes even after it’s premiered which isn’t unusual.

Exactly. Shows can be turned around quickly.

After all Big Brother dailies used to be turned around within hours.

1 Like

First promo featuring footage from the new season.

2 Likes