The Amazing Race Australia

Thank god the vegan warriors were eliminated. They were the worst.

2 Likes

As stated earlier, a 30 minute penalty isn’t enough of a deterrent. And I also assume the 30 minutes begins once everyone else has finished the challenge, because otherwise you’ll find people who’ve taken the penalty getting to the pit stop before teams that have done the challenge.

Vegan Warriors Wobble In Marrakesh.

Bren And Anja From Western Australia. Eliminated From The Amazing Race Australia.

The second set of teams were off and racing from Sydney in tonight’s episode of The Amazing Race Australia, none the wiser the race had already started.

Getting mucky in the Marrakesh rain, cabs were stolen and rivals were created as the loveable Vegan Warriors and their lack of direction missed their first clue.

With pots finally moved from one end of the market to the other, cups were counted and a restless night’s sleep had before an epic Roadblock to taste some extremely old preserved lemons.

But when it came to the next task of skinning goat hides in the traditional manner, animals lovers Bren and Anja realised The Race was harder on their morals than expected and they opted to take the penalty, which ultimately saw them arrive to the Pit Stop in last place and get eliminated from The Amazing Race Australia.

Tomorrow night the remaining 18 teams meet high on a hill in Morocco and discover the competition is going to be harder than first thought.

The Amazing Race Australia. Continues Tomorrow At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

3 Likes

It’s late winter but I suddenly feel the urge to purchase a Kathmandu jacket after watching this show.

2 Likes

I am not sure who’s at fault - the producers or the vegan warriors? The team would have known that at some point during the race they would have to do a task involving animals, while the producers could have arranged a task demonstrating local traditions and suit everyone.

I think there’s a good reason for having so many teams this time around. There’s a lot of Covid around still, so they figured if teams had to drop out because they got sick and had to isolate, it wouldn’t be too bad.

On The Project, Beau mentioned that he actually had Covid during recording and implied that some teams may have dropped out for one reason or another. Having more teams is better than having Intruders as replacements, which was very unpopular last season.

1 Like

Yeah that was publicised at the time. Scott Tweedie stepped in as host.

1 Like

So far every episode some idiot has forfeited a challenge and taken a penalty. This is so rare on the US version yet we have all these useless quitters. It’s against the sprit of the game play and the time penalty is too soft. Just ruining it.

And why are we spending 3 episodes in one country and now we have a hideous watermark for “Greek week”. Fuck what a way to ruin a perfectly good show.

3 Likes

Its hard to believe 7 teams checked in within 10 mins of the 1st people that got the penalty.

edit: that felt personal. I don’t think Beau liked that team

I unfortunately missed part of the show because of phone calls, so what did they do wrong at the dance challenge? And which team forfeited a challenge?

Agreed that it’s far too easy to forfeit.

It was Jake and Holly which forfeited the dance challenge and copped the 30 minute penalty. They struggled in the challenge for more than two hours. When they arrived first at the pitstop they had to serve the penalty. Somehow, the other 17 teams arrived within the 30 minute timeframe, so Jake and Holly were eliminated.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. I always thought the penalty had to be served on the spot, rather than at the pitstop. There have been times when Phil has had to go and meet teams who were waiting the four hours so he could eliminate them and move to the next location. Surely Jake and Holly should’ve been aware that they still had to wait 30 minutes?

Model Couple Miss Out On Top Spot.

Jake And Holly From New South Wales. Eliminated From The Amazing Race Australia.

In a world first for Racers across the globe, 18 teams descended on Morocco’s Chefchaouen and realised they weren’t the only teams in the race.

Heading to the town square, teams got dizzy spinning a tassel attached to a Fez. Proving it’s anyone’s game, The Dragon Boat mums Jodie and Claire took out the win and ended the day on a high.

Waking up and heading to Aladdin’s Cave of Soap, teams began to realise the way forward was to work together to build a specific soap stack. With Melbourne teams sticking together they were ahead of the pack and onto painting the steps of Chefchaouen blue.

With the final hurdle matching similar doors to their photos, it was Jake and Holly who finished in first place but incurred a half hour penalty for quitting the Fez challenge. With all other teams arriving in quick succession, it was Jake and Holly who were eliminated from The Race.

On Sunday night the teams head to the ancient city of Athens in Greece, birth place of the Olympics.

Isn’t Olympia the birthplace of the Olympics? I guess Athens could be considered the birthplace of the modern Olympics, as the first city to host in the modern era.

3 Likes

The good news is the show is back to one hour length next Monday and Tuesday, but I fear the damage has already been done.

3 Likes

This series is DOA. And the incessant advertising they are now pushing to get extra eyeballs will most likely have the opposite effect.
Looks like this may be the last series.
Ten are in a spot of bother with this. Brain has tanked, Love boat looks even worse and then the struggling bachelor franchise next. They need something shiny and new, pronto.
Or twist the arm of working dog to get thank god your here back on air or even repurpose Shaun back into talking about your generation?!?
I wonder what traitors will be like?!? Maybe it can cut through just like hunted did?!?

Welcome To Greek Week!

The Amazing Race Australia.

Continues Sunday At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

From donkeys, to weddings, and to some chilly unprecedented conditions, these racers won’t know what hit them when they travel into Greek Week.

With a blizzard that no one saw coming, The Race changes gear, and the teams must go through even more twists and turns.

Who will persevere through the challenges, and what team will see their last Pit Stop?

1 Like

I agree the eps are way too long, especially when the challenges aren’t all that interesting. Too much time was dedicated to the soap challenge, and the step painting, while significant to the area, was a mish-mash to watch with too many people there at the one time. I don’t understand why Jake and Holly didn’t get the 30 minute penalty when they quit the challenge rather than at the pitstop. In the US version the only penalties served at the pitstop were if the team had made an error, such as missing a clue or taking a taxi when they were meant to walk etc. From memory, these errors incurred a 30 min penalty.

Aside of making the first three episodes too long, it seems the producers have forgotten about new viewers, because I doubt people unfamiliar with the format would be all that impressed with what they’ve seen so far.

1 Like

These challenges are dumb