Ten's 4th channel

Why are we even speculating when it’s not even an option? And may never be.

3 Likes

That’s not going to happen, especially when 10 News First can’t do local weekend news or extended coverage of state & federal elections!

Agreed. If anything, Ten needs to merge their two multichannels into one (as eluded to before) rather than adding fourth or fifth services. Do HD versions of both the primary & secondary channel, as per SBS.

Surely this is an idea @lexington and the Network Ten fanboys of Media Spy would get behind if they really favour quality over quantity?

You must be new here

1 Like

I wish I was and didn’t recall all the rubbish I have read over the years. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If Ten were planning on expanding HD, surely they’d do it as providing Peach/Bold in HD as streams as part of All Access - rather than increasing their OTA offering.

I think it’d make the most sense for Ten to do a timeshift channel.

1 Like

I thought we killed this thread off ages ago? Why have we re-opened it?

2 Likes

Because Tom_TV7 felt it necessary to make a post about why there won’t be one any time soon…

2 Likes

Given that Ten’s Parent Company CBS have merged with Viacom, could this Mean Comedy Central might be Available on Free-to-Air as 10 Comedy Central???

I wouldn’t think so, but that’d be awesome if they did!

2 Likes

What about Spike now known as Paramount Network?

Yes, I would expect a new channel on offer next year. This deal should also inject more content across all the channels.

Ten is looking very good next year.

On Monday CBS is officially launching dabl its first owned-and-operated multichannel. Existing CBS multichannel Start TV and Decades its previous multichannel which CBS still has an interest in are both joint ventures with Weigel.

dabl will have lifestyle programs, mostly repeats of cooking shows from Martha Stewart, Jamie Oliver and others chefs, and repeats of home improvement and pet programs. Some of the programs are being sourced from the CBS Television Distribution library. Two new programs will be daytime talk shows Doctor & The Diva and Cityline.

Which leads me to ask … could this be the basis for a possible new Ten multichannel?

2 Likes

Personally, I think Ten needs to improve the schedule quality of Bold & Peach (which seems to have barely any premium content) before they even think about launching a fourth multichannel.

Besides, do we really need another cooking/lifestyle themed channel when this genre seems to be well catered for in the Australian market by several existing free to air and Pay TV channels? I would be inclined to say no!

12 Likes

What about a Timeshift Channel, Like Three in New Zealand Does?

1 Like

Catchup services are rendering timeshifted channels pointless, especially if the networks can shrink the time to get programming online after (or during) broadcast

6 Likes

How does that channel do?

Ten don’t need a fourth channel, they barely have any good content on 10Bold or 10Peach that really caters (except for people who like comedy and trash shows) :stuck_out_tongue: I think they would be struggling with a fourth to say the least.

4 Likes

Depends if they have the content available. Bold is pretty much scheduled full of shows that are rating and Peach has specific shows to suit a demographic. Yes a lot might be repeats but generally that is what people want from the multi’s. First run content doesn’t rate.

I agree though 10 probably don’t need it. It just depends on what they think is important. Do they want to win weeks in the demos and claim that title? If they do then another multi is probably needed.

1 Like

10 Bold is year-to-date the third highest rated milti-channel. For the last 6 weeks it has been the number one rated. The current line-up has been one of this year’s success stories for 10.

4 Likes

Thats nice. lol

I think I should rephrase - In my opinion 10bold has barely any good content for me to watch. Other people probably wont have the same opinion as me though. :0

2 Likes