10daily

I like Ten and I want them to be a success. But they don’t seem to have much strategy.
I’d say this is just a badly devised brand - rather than a new strategy

Which network has a good brand?

Ten really needs a better online news presence and while what they’re doing with “ten daily” sounds promising, I personally think the network would be better off having a common brand for both the on-air and online news services.

wait and see.

2 Likes

So create an online website using a differant name but claim its part of ten network? That sounds stupid. Why wouldn’t you want to link the main assett up with online presence?

Are you hinting that the “Eyewitness” brand is out of fashion, yet again, and “Daily” is going to become integrated with the Ten News brand?

We already have “The Daily Bailey” in Sydney. Could it be possible we’ll be seeing “Ten Daily at Dawn”, “Ten Daily at Dusk” and “Ten Daily After Dark”?

I’m not saying anything - mainly because I don’t know the full details.

1 Like

Ten Daily After Bailey - make it happen

8 Likes

@SydneyCityTV @Bob

Ten Daily is not Ten News online.

It’s a mobile first short form / snackable / sharable video content service - that will be pushed out across many channels - .com, Facebook, Twitter etc.

It is not Ten News.

It’s not going to be 3 minute interest rate and political stories lifted from News at 5

It’s a totally different thing.

I’m under the impression that it’s going to more of a Buzz Feed type thing?

I’m confused. Why has Sandra Sully been appointed Managing News Editor of Tendaily?

Kinda ya

Ten Daily will have News - and Sandra will be Managing Editor of that part of the content.

But that is not what the site is all about - news is just one element.

“Ten Daily will deliver smart, snackable and highly shareable video content stories largely designed for the mobile experience. Coming to life via the website, social channels, daily newsletters and other channels, Ten Daily will capitalise on the growing demand for short-form content and give Australians a new, exciting way to connect with our content, on-air presenters and much more.”

I understand that mate. I know its not just news…but what im saying is to suggest having a platform with a quirky name like honey etc is silly. Its great that they incorporate the actuall Ten logo into the name rather than calling it something totally differant.

1 Like

Wait so Ten Daily is like Re: in NZ?

New appointment for tendaily, Josh is currently the editor for Huff Post AU.

3 Likes

Huff Post AU is shedding jobs post fairfax split. Lisa Wilkinson previously contributed to HuffPo as well, so not to surprising that Josh Butler has moved over. I suspect a lot of ex-HuffPo reporters might end up at Ten Daily.

2 Likes

So when are they launching timbaily?

8 Likes

April I hear.

5 Likes

Another former Huff Post AU (and before that BuzzFeed) reporter is joining ten daily.

1 Like