10daily

ten daily more like ten next century

4 Likes

You guys expect everything yesterday.

1 Like

Well it was initially announced at the 2016 upfronts and then announced as coming in September last year, so fair game to wonder or question when it might actually be surfacing.

3 Likes

to be fair I think Channel Ten has had a few other pressing issues to deal with over the last 12 months

5 Likes

Mel Cornford Appointed Managing Editor Of ten daily

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Mel Cornford as Managing Editor of ten daily.

Ten daily is Network Ten’s new standalone, mobile-optimised website that will be rich in short-form video content and offer premium and exclusive entertainment, lifestyle, opinion news and sport content. It will launch this year.

At ten daily, Ms Cornford joins Lisa Wilkinson, who was appointed Executive Editor earlier this year. More editorial appointments will be announced soon.

Ms Wilkinson’s ten daily role is in addition to her hosting Network Ten’s award-winning news and current affairs program, The Project, with co-hosts Carrie Bickmore, Waleed Aly and Peter Helliar, as well as hosting The Sunday Project.

Ms Cornford joined Network Ten in 2016 as project lead on ten daily and has played a key role in developing the new website.

Before she joined Network Ten, Ms Cornford spent more than 10 years working in digital editorial production, content, commercial, strategy and staff management for industry-leading organisations.

Most recently Ms Cornford was Head of Yahoo7’s lifestyle, entertainment and travel division, leading the launch team for Yahoo7’s lifestyle and entertainment platform, Be. She has also held senior editorial roles at News Corp Australia, including online editor of body+soul and senior digital producer at Vogue Australia.

Network Ten General Manager, Digital, Liz Baldwin, said: “Mel has been integral to the creation of ten daily and I’m delighted to welcome her as the website’s Managing Editor.

“Mel’s impressive background leading digital editorial teams across many top online brands made her perfect for the role and her editorial vision has been key to the development to ten daily.

“Together with Lisa as Executive Editor of ten daily, we have an impressive editorial team dedicated to bringing a fresh entertainment and news brand to Australians everywhere,” she said.

4 Likes

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/ten-network-holdings/590/1579?u=tv.cynic

3 Likes

Will we see ten daily merge to be the major news brand? Eyewitness news will probably be pushed aside to integrate the news element of ten daily into the news service. Just a thought.

2 Likes

I was thinking that if they really wanted to get more exposure for the website and tie it into their television business they could do a half hour daily entertainment type program with the same title in the afternoons.

Obviously it would work like an Entertainment Tonight type show but an Australian version - kind of like how Nine works in 9Honey as a segment to it’s Nine News Now program. Given CBS’ interests in expanding ET into a bigger 24/7 platform I’m sure such an idea wouldn’t be unwelcome for Ten to float with the new owners.

It could be pre-recorded after Studio 10 from the newsroom with a few quick set changes, featuring regular host Angela Bishop + someone else to fill in when she’s away. They could also have Craig Bennett, Liv Phyland, Scott Tweedie etc as regular contributors or correspondents.

Plus additional people like Maude Garrett, Xavier Brinkman, Hyla from the states and Lucy McDonald in the UK who are already appearing across The Project etc could contribute additional content across various entertainment genres.

It would have in studio interviews, entertainment headlines, packaged stories, overseas junkets and local premieres etc. I’m sure advertisers such as movie / streaming / music distributors would pay for their latest song or flick to be highlighted as well as gossip magazines or other websites who aren’t direct competitors would be interested also.

They could replay it overnight or on other channels in later timeslots to get advertisers more exposure with extra eyeballs for the show. Just an idea…

4 Likes

Sandra Sully Appointed Managing News Editor Of ten daily.

Network Ten is pleased to announce that one of the most respected News presenters and reporters in Australia, Sandra Sully, is taking on the additional role of Managing News Editor at ten daily.

Ms Sully will continue as Presenter of the TEN Eyewitness News First At Five flagship bulletin in Sydney, and in addition to her editorial direction and management role with ten daily, she will contribute to the new website.

Ms Sully said: “I’ve been passionate about digital media for many years, in particular, the ability to engage people with News content across multiple platforms.

“My new role at ten daily is a natural extension of that passion. The digital space is an exciting place to be and ten daily will be a strong extension of our News skills and content.”

Ten daily is Network Ten’s new standalone, mobile-optimised website that will be rich in short-form video content and offer premium and exclusive news, entertainment, lifestyle, opinion and sport content. It will launch this year.

At ten daily, Ms Sully joins Lisa Wilkinson, who was appointed Executive Editor earlier this year. More editorial appointments will be announced soon.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Sandra is one of the best and most admired television news presenters and reporters in Australia, and I am delighted that she is joining the team at ten daily.

“Sandra was an early adopter in using digital and social media to build on traditional News coverage and create deeper engagement between Ten News and our viewers.

“News will be an important part of ten daily and I cannot think of anyone more qualified to take on this important and exciting new role,” she said.

11 Likes

Ten Daily just doesn’t sound like a good name.
It’s not got a Buzzed, mashable kinda sound to it.
I get they want the Ten brand in there - but Ten daily - it’s so generic.

maybe it could have had another name - and work the Ten logo into the logo - but people barely go to Ten for television. I can’t see them going to Ten online.

I think a new brand (like Stan) should have been created. And the Ten logo worked in somehow.

4 Likes

How about TenTen.

2 Likes

haha cute - i like - but not quite right

I’d have to disagree, ten daily instantly establishes a connection to the Ten network which is important and the use of daily implies that there is a daily presence of news and content to the website.

Far better than competing websites in the same space such as Yahoo7 be and 9Honey, which do little to identify what they’re about other than being connected to Seven & Nine accordingly.

2 Likes

TenDaily sounds almost like a relic of the pre-internet age. It screams more newspaper to me than instant online presence. But I’m not against having the name of the network there as long as it’s not something overused like “Now, Plus, Extra”.

I can see @KICK-IT’s argument as well though, but those names are not easy to come up with and make stick. For every Buzzfeed, there’s at least a few failed online news sites.

1 Like

Ten Daily sounds good. A lot of failed sites have stupid names which people tend to steer clear of. Looking forward to the site becoming online!

Is 9Honey the stupid name you are referring to?

2 Likes

Yeah thats one.

Ten Daily sounds good to anyone blindly in love with the Ten Network.

To a Brander or marketer - it’s a really bad choice.

6 Likes

People barely go to the Ten network for news and entertainment - and it’s got a 70 year brand legacy. We are talking 9-12% shares.

If people barely go to Ten - why would they start clicking onto a news a digital content portal with the same brand?

If this really is a new digital content portal - they need a whole new brand.

1 Like

unless maybe, just maybe, this is part of the new Ten. people, and companies can change you know.

Especially as Nine and Seven begin to be devoured by their debt.

1 Like