Ten Sport

I am tipping the following as presenters:
Caty Price
Matt White
Josh Gibson as a roving reporter

Then they will get people in the racing know to come in and commentate/present too.

Could Steven Quatermaine call the races?

10 could ask Dan Mielicki to call the Melbourne Cup again (he is still working in the racing media I believe), or retain the services of Matt Hill who has commentated the past three Cups for Seven/RSN/Sky Racing.

I am trying to find a list of all the commentators/presenters used for Ten’s 2014 Commonwealth Games and 2014 Winter Olympics. I have searched everywhere cannot find anything! Could someone help me please :slight_smile:

From a Google search https://televisionau.com/2013/10/ten-unveils-winter-olympics-coverage.html
https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2014/4/15/ten-network-to-present-eight-commonwealth-games-channels-live-and-free

Lurch Greg Miles out of retirement

Actually 1988 (Empire Rose) was his last.

Dan Mielicki called his first in 1989 (Tawrific) as a twenty year old - quite extraordinary. And @JohnsonTV, yes he’s still calling but is now Harness Racing Victoria’s chief caller. Last FTA appearance was the Inter Dominion on Seven in December.

If anyone’s keen on Australian racing and tv coverage both metro and regional, there’s a ton of material on YouTube including more than just the race. Like this from 1989, Ten’s coverage via BTV6, courtesy of Rubicon NZ on YT.

https://youtu.be/achaqCJ0ETs

And from ten years later:

https://youtu.be/cCEJdfDSkjI

Dan Mielicki’s voice was heard during the Inter Dominion last month. Wonder if 10 will bring him back or use Matt Hill who is also calling the tennis.

Alongside Pete in the mounting yard usually was Jenny Chapman, who is now based in Hong Kong. Gary Willets provided pre and post race comments alongside Dan Mielicki from the callers box. The likes of Tim Gossage, and before him Peter ‘Crackers’ Keenan provided updates from the betting ring.

Peter Donegon, Sandry Sulley and Tim Bailey were all involved

He should definitely do the official presentation.

Francesca Cumani is joining Ten’s coverage of Melbourne Cup carnival this year. It means however she will probably be absent from Seven’s coverage of Caulfield Cup, The Everest and Cox Plate.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/gossip-queen-cumani-saddles-up-to-join-rival-tv-network/news-story/125f9b281097dbddf55874a817f7de67

Least surprising announcement in ages. Considering Cumani now spends the vast majority of the year in the UK working for ITV, it makes sense for her to join 10 whereby she’ll only be needed for a week each year

does it also say who else will be joining her for the Melbourne Cup week.

It’s a great pick up by ten. Looking forward to seeing the home of the Melbourne Cup showing it again.

No, the article is about Francesca only.

Francesca Cumani’s The Winning Ticket.

Melbourne Cup Carnival Returns To 10 In 2019.

International racing expert, Francesca Cumani, will be leading the field when she joins 10 Sport as co-host for this year’s Melbourne Cup Carnival coverage.

Since 2009, Francesca has been helping to bring all the insight and colour of the Cup to Australian television audiences, sharing her informed commentary and pre and post-race analysis.

Outside of Australia, Francesca has cemented herself as a racing media icon, co-hosting ITV’s racing coverage in the UK and previously hosting Winning Post and Espanol’s Al Galope on CNN International.

On joining 10’s Melbourne Cup Coverage, Francesca said: “The Melbourne Cup Carnival is one of the world’s great racing events and I’m thrilled to be part of 10’s broadcast team. It was the very first Carnival I worked on in my television career and it holds a very special place in my heart. I’m really looking forward to continuing my association with the Carnival and to helping 10 take race day coverage to new heights.”

Matt White, Network 10 Head of Sport, said: “Australian audiences love Francesca and we love the fact she’s joined the 10 sport team. Francesca will be key to everything we do on-air across the four days of the Melbourne Cup Carnival . She brings a unique blend of energy, experience and knowledge to our coverage. It’s a fabulous fit.”

Back on 10 for the first time since 2001, this year’s live broadcast of the Melbourne Cup Carnival covers four huge days of racing – AAMI Victoria Derby Day, Kennedy Oaks Day, Seppelt Wines Stakes Day and of course the race that stops the nation, the Lexus Melbourne Cup Day.

I’m really excited that 10 has picked up the Melbourne Cup. In terms of sports, they’re back in business after losing BBL.

Just a question, how much of a promotional platform is the Melbourne Cup able to give 10? Since it’s held outside primetime not as many people would be able to see their promos. Plus, how much revenue is 10 able to take from the carnival?

The Melbourne Cup is usually the highest rating show of the day so it doesn’t necessarily matter it’s not in primetime, but the question is whether people watch long enough around the main race to see promotions etc.

Someone also said that they will be able to take a lot of revenue. Do you know if it’s true?