Ten Sport

What’s 2500? 1am?

they would just say on 10/10 HD + 10 play. For selected events of Formula 1 and MotoGP in the past it had said on TEN + TEN HD. Which meant AEST. So those in WA and SA missed out on HD broadcast.

yes 1am. I believe they have done it in the past, dating back over a decade. For their motorsport telecasts

Confirmed

What’s happening with the International match between Australia and Oman? Coverage was supposed to start at 10.30pm (with a “pre-match segment”) as kick-off is on at 11pm. But for some reason, RPM is currently airing. This is odd.

Ten don’t have rights for the pre-game? Or is it a technical glitch?

EDIT - pre game talk started at 10.45pm, 15 minutes behind schedule (from the FOX Feed)

Looks like a simulcast from Fox. It began showing Sunday Shootout and then kept cutting to ads till it started showing this segment of RPM. Sunday Shootout must have run overtime

The scoreboard graphics is too big and intrusive as this match was being played in Dubai.

10’s coverage coming from Sydney/Melbourne.

It seems 10 will show a Friday night A-League game this season, starting with Melbourne City and Brisbane Roar.
https://www.foxtel.com.au/tv-guide/Live-A-League-MC-v-BR/100371234

so since 2010, the following sports have left Channel 10.
Football (AFL, Brownlow Medal & International Rules)
Air Sports (Air Race World Championship)
American Football (NFL & Superbowl)
Baseball (MSL)
Basketball (NBL, NBA, Oceania Championship, NCAA)
Cycling (Herald Sun Tour)
Cricket (IPL, BBL, WBBL, Champions League)
Golf (Aus Open, Aus PGA, World Golf Champs, NZ Open, NZ PGA, Ryder Cup, US Masters, US Open)
Motor Racing (ARC, WRC, NASCAR)
Netball (ANZ Championship, Netball World Cup, Constellation Cup)
Rugby Union (British Lions Tour, Wallabies Spring Tour)
Surfing (Ironman Series)
Swimming (Aus Swim Champs, PanPac Swim Champs)
Tennis (Hopman Cup)
Commonwealth Games (Delhi 2010 & Glasgow 2014)
Winter Olympics (Sochi 2014)

What this says to me is that 10 does not value sport any more. Losing AFL and Cricket were huge

They had a sport channel that threatened fox so when Murdoch got his grubby hands on it
It was completely shut down.

They haven’t left Channel 10, one is still currently screening on 10 Bold and the other hasn’t been decided yet, FOX doesn’t have the rights to British Irish Lions Tour either as it is yet TBD who will show it.

The dregs

The only way Ten will get premium sport again, is if they join with a rival network (seven/nine) to obtain them. Pushing Foxtel out of the equation.

Live sport would be a good way to make Ten All Access valuable, and that could then provide the extra revenue stream to help support higher rights bids without joining up with another network.

I wouldn’t expect them to get things like AFL/NRL like that - but something like a Supercars bid where the main races were on Ten, but qualifying and practice were on All Access?

I have a feeling that with CBS backing Ten, they will at least go for the cricket next time they come around but I have a feeling they will go for the AFL or NRL when they come around?

They need to force Foxtel out of the market. If they’re smart, they could partner with Nine for the NRL and Seven for the AFL.

You are right…FTA should work together to handle the influx of streamed and pay to view media companies.

I wonder if Kayo is ever going to try an get exclusive rights to sports.
Optus Sport and Netflix have also been touted as going into the sports broadcasting in Australia soon

Let’s not kid ourselves, Kayo is Foxtel. So it’s up to the others mentioned.