Ten Sport

I think the host broadcaster kept the HD coverage to Kuwaiti viewers and provided the inferior 4:3 feed to Fox Sports (and Ten).

this probably explains why

This Sunday Ten will show the Gold Coast 600 Supercars race live on main channel, and Japanese MotoGP live on One.

Channel One running longer A-League post match coverage compared to last year.

yet its still the same length as last year for the FOX on ONE broadcast. Last year it went from 7-10pm where as this year it went from 7.30-10.30pm.

I don’t get it why they have the telecast of the A_League starting from 7:30PM?

Because the game starts at 7.50pm. It includes a 20 minute preview of the game.

Ten definitely seem to be making a bit more of an effort this season, it’s a shame they have to persist with the Fox Sports watermark though.

ten daily A-Leauge live blog and recap tonight

Game started around 8pm last night, you’d think it was NRL with this random game time starts!

The 7.50pm start for A-League is to provide a clear gap between it and the twilight fixture (5.30pm kickoff), in case the latter has a late finish.

Interesting for the race this afternoon

Supercars go time certain in the wet so I suspect the race and programming will finish at the usual time. Does make today’s local news bulletin in Brisbane a bit more relevant.

I was thinking of the crowd plus tyre changes, flooding on the track, hail and potentially loose items being blown around rather than finish time. Current forecast says damaging winds, heavy rain with large hail to hit Gold Coast

Ah. Last time I can recall when we had severe weather like this for a Gold Coast race was 2002, where the Champ Car race had to be abandoned due to torrential rain.

The twilight game is a 5.35pm kickoff according to the A-League fixture.
Yesterday, the Melbourne Derby was the sole A-League fixture, so absolutely zero reason for the 8pm-ish start.

Looks like they start every Saturday night match at 7:50pm. Makes sense for consistency.

At least this race had more than 7 laps of green flag running and wasn’t decided by who pitted when. (Then history kind of repeated and the race was shortened a year later because of a hail storm).

Race back on

Yep, the fixture says 7.50pm. Was watching last night, really annoying that they didn’t start then.
It does make sense, unfortunately the A-League hierarchy don’t have much of that (as proven by this tv arrangement).