Ten (Southern Cross)

they still might

Channel Nine affiliation is what changed.

4 Likes

10 points to the first to notice what’s wrong with Freeview’s TV Guide for Newcastle (cap below)…

Disclaimer, points non-transferable, or equivalent to any monetary value. Points may be not be redeemed.

6 Likes

Southern Cross have told Freeview to put a Nine logo instead of the Southern Cross Ten logo. They have Nine on the brain lately for some reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The Yourtv guide has no WIN on it for Rockhampton.

Should just be the TEN logo for NNSW now shouldnt it?

Southern Cross Austereo has appointed a new General Sales Manager for Ten Northern NSW.

Press release:

DOUG WESNEY APPOINTED AS GENERAL SALES MANAGER NRTV

Southern Cross Austereo today announced the appointment of Doug Wesney as the General Sales Manager, Northern Rivers TV.

In a newly created role, Doug will head up a dedicated team who will be responsible for national sales for SCA’s broadcast of Network Ten programs in the Northern NSW television licence area, Australia’s fourth largest television licence market.

With 22 years sales experience across three industries, Doug has spent the last eight years working in media sales across Free to Air, Subscription TV, Radio and digital media.

After spending four years with Southern Cross Austereo in Townsville and Canberra, Doug has been with Network Ten and MCN working as a Business Development Manager since 2012.

SCA’s Head of Regional Media, Rick Lenarcic said, “SCA is fortunate to have someone with Doug’s experience and expertise to lead our Network Ten national sales in this key television market. I welcome him back to the SCA sales team.”

Doug said “I am excited to be returning to SCA and working with a committed team to service clients for SCA’s Network Ten broadcast in the Northern NSW region.”

Doug will commence his position at SCA on 29 August 2016 and will report to Ash Myatt, Regional General Manager NSW.

1 Like

Interesting the mentioning of NRTV.

Well the station’s callsign is NRN. Why is that interesting?

NRN yes but they refer to “NRTV” which is the on-air brand not used since 1994. Does seem a bit odd to have that name reappear in a public release when the station does not identify as that, but maybe it’s still used as an internal ID and has just snuck out.

2 Likes

Callsigns are very much referred to internally by staff.

NRTV was used on an SCA job last month, a job that’s based in Sydney.

https://au.linkedin.com/jobs/view/153812497

1 Like

I know that but NRTV is not the callsign. The official callsign is NRN. “NRTV” is an obsolete station ID but obviously still used internally instead of NRN for some reason.

2 Likes

My point exactly @TelevisionAU . I just found it odd they used the brand as opposed to the callsign or even just Ten Northern NSW.

2 Likes

Maybe the old NRTV brand might be revived if the station is eventually sold off to WIN, to establish a strong local brand (because “WIN Northern NSW” just sounds completely wrong) by filling a gap that NBN is leaving behind by transitioning to full Nine Network branding? :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, that’s just a bit of very wishful thinking on my behalf. I actually agree it’s simply some internal references that have slipped through and nothing should be read into it.

1 Like

Northern Rivers Television Pty Ltd is the entity who own the licence. They are owned by Southern Cross Austereo. Pretty common in business to have entities with different trading names.

Just found this too, check out Channel Nine Melbourne’s name.

http://www.acma.gov.au/webwr/_assets/main/lib100052/lic021_commercial_tv_broadcasting_licences.pdf

4 Likes

It’s just like “NBN Pty Ltd” is the entity (which is owned by Nine Entertainment Co) that own the Northern NSW licence for Channel 9 programming.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Southern Cross News

TVSN is now available on LCN 57

1 Like

Is that in SA or NNSW?