Ten (Southern Cross)

Uniformity isn’t a necessity. SCA and WIN both have the ability to affiliate with multiple metropolitan broadcasters without any extra burden on their operations. I think the MS community would rather see a regional broadcaster stick with one affiliate because it looks better on paper and we’re sort of anal when it comes to uniformity and consistency. Can’t even customise a news OTS for one city without someone thinking the world is caving in. This is clearly the future - affiliate with whatever content provider is available.

8 Likes

Because why would they? TNQ was a part-owner in the Ten Network in the early 1990s, and obviously both TNQ and STQ would have had contracts in place with their respective affiliations. And TNQ had already been unsettled by the Nine Network dumping them unceremoniously on the eve of aggregation. And I can’t imagine STQ wanting to relinquish a Seven affiliation for the 3rd ranked Ten just to give the guys at Telecasters North Queensland some uniformity which they were doing quite well without. And then Seven ended up buying STQ anyway.

3 Likes
1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine − Southern Cross Affiliation Deal

Give me 5 for kids Telethon bug on SC10 Canberra today.

4 Likes

Update

3 Likes

Ground Zero!

More

3 Likes

Only one of these promos broadcast in regional Queensland tonight can be correct :grinning:

First is SC10

6 Likes

Couple of Southern Cross 10 sponsor notices seen tonight - the channel line-up looks different to Ten’s metro one.

6 Likes

Hopefully this is NOT the quality of On-Air Presentation we’ll get from SCA under a Nine Network affiliation…

7 Likes

They had the SC (Seven affiliate) logo on their community service promos last night too.

Phasing out of the SC10 brand maybe?

Seen in Queensland last night with a message giving a possible hint to the SC10 promo department?

10 Likes

Crawl

3 Likes

Grant Blackley has said on Mediaweek in Northern NSW that Southern cross branding will end and it will just be TEN from July 1.

2 Likes

Do you have the link for this statement?

No afraid not I just watched a replay of Mediaweek on Sky News Business.

2 Likes

For future reference when SC10 is long gone, I’ve put together this quick video showing a little of the promotions and presentation used on SC10 during it’s last week on air.

5 Likes

Seen tonight as part of a community service announcement.

7 Likes