Ten (Southern Cross)

Self indulgent back slapping rubbish between Rhys and Dobbo. That’s all that show was. Regional Rhys getting to play with a TV station again. Thank goodness 7 bought out STQ.

1 Like

The old Southern Cross Ten logo looks better than the blue WIN map logo.

3 Likes

I remember this program and I didn’t realise it was a SC10 production. Was it only on-air in regional areas?

It aired nationwide but was produced and aired live out of the Canberra SCTen studios.

3 Likes

The Up Late Game Show definitely went to air on Ten in the metropolitan markets.

1 Like

I swear people nowadays remember hotdogs more from that than BBAU.

1 Like

As much as that show was completely and utter tripe, he did pretty well anchoring it for as long as it lasted. Remember when Nine copied it with Quizmania? Jeebus, they were sad times…

1 Like

Channel Seven also had a “interactive late night game show” in 2006 called Midnight Zoo, but that show only really aired in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and maybe one or two other places.

Back on topic, didn’t Eleven via SC10 have a short lived program called “Cash Call” (or something similar) around 2011-12 or thereabouts? Although it’s probably for the best that none of these shows are on TV anymore.

1 Like

And who can remember Call And Win :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ah yes, the infamous “Call and Win” program. Early morning TV has never quite been the same since that “program” was axed. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Call And Win still airs on GEM.

4 Likes

Let’s bring it back as the slogan for the WIN helpline:

Call and W(h)IN(ge) :joy:

5 Likes

Ahh, don’t need to remember it really. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Call and Win still airs every Friday - Sunday morning at 1am on 9Gem.

This would have to be the last remaining one of these quiz shows surely still around on FTA. Can’t believe people actually ring up to participate in them! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s not coming up on this week’s TV listings.

TV Shop - Home Shopping is listed.

Are you looking at Sunday or Monday at 1am?

I believe Call & Win only airs in the earliest eastern timezone. QLD misses out during daylight saving. SA/NT/WA misses out all year. It’s on 9Gem in Canberra right now.

1 Like

I didn’t know that, to be honest. Not that I watch it or anything

Now that I’ve had a full weekend of the Crappy Mappy I’m sure that NRN’s number’s will fall even fufurther behind NBN9 & NEN7 under the WIN banner. So as a last post a big thankyou to Southern Cross for the year’s of supplying us with Channel 10 product without any fuss :clap:

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Ten (Darwin Digital Television)

well they were less than 1/3 of the ratings that Prime7 and Nine had on Monday. (all stations combined) and WIN was nearly 6 points lower than Ten’s metro share… so they’re as popular as a wet fart on a windy winter’s afternoon in regionals.

5 Likes