Ten (Southern Cross)

10 logo in Bendigo as well, don’t have caps sorry.

4 Likes

Custom billboard:

Masterchef billboard:

10 Metro version:

7 Likes

MY EYES!!! :dizzy_face: :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

At least the circles in the background of that custom billboard are the same shape as the Ten logo. That was probably their thinking behind choosing that template, lol.

4 Likes

It’s as though they’ve made use of a 10 News First transition template they’ve recently got hold of :thinking:

10 Likes

THIS is how it’s done SCA, take a look! And this was done by a join venture station covering a single state of 560 thousand, not the primary regional affiliate of a network covering the populated east coast of 7.5 million.

1 Like

Another one

4 Likes

Why can’t SCA just use the normal 10 template?

4 Likes

Especially for the ads that also air in metro!

2 Likes

SCA have used their own billboard templates (or recreations of the network’s sponsor billboards) for a long time, so it’s no surprise they’re continuing this trend.

Sorry, I don’t memorise and take note of every little transition template that makes it to air, so I honestly didn’t know that it was a 10 News First one.

3 Likes

I wasn’t implying that.

7 Likes

Perhaps they want it to be generic so they can use it on any of their stations, regardless of network affiliation.

2 Likes

I’ve mentioned before that regional viewers tend to appreciate multichannels. The newly introduced 10 Shake seems to be going comparatively well. Last night it had double the share of the metro version in total people and especially the key demos.

11 Likes

Edit: Just realised that 10Shake is not broadcast in NNSW which makes the demo results look even better - but it’s just one day.

8 Likes

True. We’d have to wait a week or two to see whether it’s people checking out a new channel, or people sticking around to watch it.

4 Likes

Seems like SCA have fixed the problem with Ten sponsor billboards. Most of them are using a white 10-style one now that has a horrid “gold” logo now.

The NRN purchase made sense for WIN because it could now ‘sell’ across the entire eastern seaboard, making it a more valuable proposition for national advertisers (extra 1m+ audience reach).

Now this is no longer the case as WIN has reverted to Nine affiliation in other markets. I do wonder if SCA are considering buying this one back as at the moment, they are missing this audience in selling Ten to its advertisers. How much would they be willing to spend considering they got $55m out of WIN for it in 2017. An SCA purchase of NRN would also give WIN the freedom to increase its stake in Nine.

3 Likes

The overlap between 2GB & 2UE and C91.3 might also be a problem?

1 Like

You’re right NRN is an appealing station

• to SCA because it means it can sell all or QLD, NNSW, SNSW, VIC (east coaat) to advertisers

• NNSW market is actually 2.3 million people (bigger than Perth market) and includes access to the 6th and 7th largest cities in Oz (Gold Coast and Newcastle)

• whoever owns it can be paid by news Corp to carry Sky News to that 2.3 million people and Gold Coast and Newcastle. That’s some nice revenue

I’d imagine both WIN and SCA value owning NRN

4 Likes