Ten On-Air Presentation

The look is already falling back into the style of the old package…

1 Like

I’ve often wondered why they put so much effort into these style of promos… the problem is that if no one is watching your channel, then who are you promoting to?

You just want them to curl up and die?

What a ridiculous thing to say. Of course they’re going to promote their shows, any way the can.

3 Likes

By doing the same style of promos they’ve done for years, where they combine multiple shows together and try and highlight their overall brand, you could say that they are indeed curling up to die. Isn’t there a famous quote about doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Nine and Seven don’t put nearly as much effort behind their promos as what 10 does. Nine’s are almost template based (their graphics are mostly hideous) and while Seven do a decent job don’t have nearly as much design style… yet they still out-rate 10 every night. Their promotion style and where their ads are place is very different too.

I work in the industry and good design makes me pay attention, but I’ve also quickly learned that the average muggle doesn’t care about how refined a graphics style is.

In my opinion, advertising a wealth of shows all at once also doesn’t allow a show to breathe, or allow people to get excited. You’re mixing too many demos and no one is paying attention.

Look at Netflix - it doesn’t really do content reels to make you go “OOooo! Netflix has so many shows coming up”, it specifically targets content towards the viewer. Yes, they’re a different platform, but the point is still valid. Even their email newsletters are specifically targeting their content.

Overall, wouldn’t 10 be better off doing separate reels, have higher rotations and sorter promos of all of the shows above, instead of the 1 long promo advertising the number of shows “yet to come”? Could they also improve their promotional content on social media?

I feel like these promos want people to go back to 10 in the masses, but that’s not going to happen. I think a better approach is to get specific audiences back separately.

Maybe not?

4 Likes

People bag Ten for not promoting their shows enough and here you are bagging them for a slick promotion. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Slick promotion doesn’t equal more promotion.

Same doesn’t equal different.

I’m not bagging them for anything, just saying they should try a different approach.

7 Likes

10 Bold didn’t air a classification warning at the start of NCIS tonight, nor a watermark (watched for more than 5min, not sure if fixed now or not). Also breaching the Code.

NB/ Weirdly a millisecond flash of the warning appeared in the very first frame after Bondi Rescue finished. Seems like some broadcast script issue.

Update

There’s definitely something going on, as they’ve now got a watermark up but it’s actually a coloured bug pasted on (instead of the normal one) :thinking:

2 Likes

MasterChef-themed line up featuring a lunging Matt Preston!

7 Likes

Bridgestone tie in

6 Likes

Hope the tyres don’t turn out to be as flat as Ten’s ratings.

5 Likes

Oooh!

1 Like

9 Likes

Not sure where else to post, but it does link back to branding.

Channel Ten Adelaide had a presence at Morphettville Racecourse yesterday as one of the sponsors of the Nutella-Palooza event. A small setup of Ten-branded umbrellas, marquees and chairs. Sorry I couldn’t get closer.

6 Likes

That’s actually copied almost verbatim from BBC Two.

1 Like

It has a superficial resemblance in the caps but otherwise, when seen as a video, it isn’t the same, only running for about 5 seconds with the main feature the 10 logo.

1 Like

15 Likes

9 went after 10 for Boss and now, it’s gonna be Honey. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m sure they could tweak it to 10 Syrup :wink:

3 Likes

Latest version

9 Likes

Sweetness with a Twist

1 Like