Ten On-Air Presentation

Ten viewers are so lucky! Us regional viewers now have to suffer through this for at least another 3-4 weeks. And who knows, Bruce might have more “classics” in store for the coming months! :nauseated_face:

13 Likes

beautiful on air elements in the 2018 promo

6 Likes

Nice promo… lots of 9 balls in the promo though. Maybe ten thinks people will confuse it with Nine.

2 Likes

Neighbours is in that promo. Is it returning to the main channel?

It already has. Repeats are screened next day on Ten at 2.30pm.

“The action blockbuster network premiere”

Promo for The Rock (1996) 8:30pm tonight on Ch 10:

Ten added a nice animation too (last cap), to the machine gun, on to what is the actual theatrical poster.

4 Likes

Last week Seven ran promos for their golf coverage in Brisbane that had times in NSW/Victoria AEDT.

Ten show how it should be done with localised promo for Brisbane.

7 Likes

During the news I saw a sponsor billboard and it had new music.

1 Like

Relaunch alert?

1 Like

Just turned the TVH on and I saw a promo for ‘I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here’ and it looked like the current logo…

1 Like

Queensland - specific promo for Big Bash

2 Likes

Ten Sport sponsor billboard is the same.

Not sure who the other sponsor is yet, that they couldn’t announce :thinking:

2 Likes

6 Likes

How did Ten get a Disney programme?

1 Like

As you might’ve noticed a month or two ago, Ten have struck a deal with Disney ABC International Television.

For selected back-catalogue movies (they’ve only been Touchstone Films / Hollywood Pictures titles so far) & obviously some new Walt Disney content.

I think it’s good that Seven has lost its grip on it.

6 Likes

Obviously not, or Matlock wouldn’t be asking.

5 Likes

Which means, now that Disney have bought 21st Century Fox, we could see some of the fox content return to Ten under future Disney deals.

1 Like

Quite possibly (and/or Seven).

But it depends on the types of deals Seven & Ten currently have with Disney ABC.

Only the networks’ acquisitions/rights departments have the details.

(e.g.)
If Ten struck a content agreement with Disney ABC for cherry-pick back-catalogue titles, it may only give them access to Touchstone, et al (and not Walt Disney films - which I believe is still exclusive to Seven or 20th Century Fox films).

At the moment, all commercial FTA networks have a deal with 20C Fox (Seven seems to have revived copies they’ve already had for years, Nine picked-up some new titles the past few years & I believe Ten still have the majority, but don’t air movies that often - latest was “Deck The Halls” last night).

It wasn’t surprising that Ten made a deal with Disney given that the long running Saturday Disney was axed after 26 years in 2016. Perhaps Ten may look at a similar style Disney based program on 11? It will depend on whether they feel the market wants it. It could air on Sunday mornings between 9am and 11am.

1 Like

Also, knowing how expensive content deals are with US studios and considering Seven has a relatively new output deal with Warner Bros International Television, perhaps they are looking to offload some of their long-running Disney ABC output?