Ten On-Air Presentation

Not sure if this is the right thread, but a rare 3D One Logo used in TEN’s Bathurst 1000 press release

7 Likes

Interesting. Even the 11 logo has a bit of gloss to it.

1 Like

Yeah these look much better than the usual flat ones.

1 Like

7 Likes

I keep forgetting that networks aren’t allowed to promote programs classified MA15+ in a G program.

Explains the lack of promos lately during Neighbours for the core 8:30pm program

(i.e.) “Scream” movies.

What a stupid ACMA rule, as if promo departments can’t carefully and meticulously make a promo ‘little kid friendly’.

what’s the point of “kid friendly” promos for a MA15+ movie? They are movies literally not intended for children

14 Likes

My point was it potentially affects ratings, not being able to tell people about it?

I think his point is that the ad can’t be made “kid-friendly” in order to appeal to the wider non-kid Neighbours audience, who might like the movie.

4 Likes

I still don’t understand why FremantleMedia refuse to raise the content level to “PG” (s they’re allowed now).

Home and Away been doing it for many years now (since around 2007, when multiple ACMA complaints forced their hand).

Because Ten and the other networks that screen it want a G-rated show. How many times are you going to ask the same question?

I reckon it’s time to make alcohol ads a ‘little kid friendly’ so they can show them then too.

9 Likes

But it’s still dumb from an economic standpoint.

Advertise an MA movie, and you might get 2 new viewers (the parents, if they’re not exhausted from taking care of their brats all day).
Advertise a G or PG movie, and parents might let the kids watch, so there’s 4 potential viewers. And kids are serial harassers. More kids watching a primetime movie, the more plastic shit Hasbro can flog in the breaks. Kids are literally impulse buyers without money, and parents love to give their kids something to keep them quiet.

It’s just another Luke brainfart.

9 Likes

Just saw an MA15+ classified movie promoted during Neighbours (“Fat Pizza vs. Housos”).

Oops Ten :confused:

(I also forgot, applies to promos for “M” classified programs too & pretty sure I’ve seen one or two of those slip too).

Sorry, I couldn’t resist putting a gif to this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5CFAE1A3-A2D1-40B6-A567-A65A999C3B4B

CRAM based:

10 Likes

“For the first time on Ten”

Con Air (1997) promo for 8:30pm tonight, seen during Graham Norton.

So weird seeing this film not on Seven!

3 Likes

I’ve noted the omission of your FAVOURITE admin @Bort

5 Likes

Not anymore after @Bort questioned his age last night.

5 Likes

Last time I checked Mr Bort is an admin, not a mod.

And is that what you were getting at, how old I am? Okay …

1 Like

“the thrilling network premiere”

Flightplan (2005) promo for 8pm tonight, seen during Territory Cops:

Again, so different to see a Disney (Touchstone) film away from Seven.

4 Likes