Ten On-Air Presentation

New extended promo aired tonight, including first look at Wake in Fright mini series and Sophie Monk in The Bachelorette.

1 Like

Tonight’s 2017 second half show reel included first looks at this season’s Bachelorette and Wake in Fright plus Bachelor, Wrong Girl, Survivor, Gogglebox.

Video

Caps

6 Likes

Not really on-air related, but seems Ten’s out of home advertising now finally includes the tenplay logo (though it’s really small) rather than just ‘tenplay.com.au’

Example:

3 Likes

Trying to get the gays and girls with that guys increasingly small shorts?

5 Likes

Ha! There is quite a picture happening there

1 Like

Rose themed line up

4 Likes

New Survivor theme

8 Likes

Bruce’s influence I see with that bottom right TEN logo getting bigger… seen it on the new ident too.

1 Like

In promos (which air in breaks or between programmes) who cares? They can make their logo as huge & solid as they want.

In-programme however, hell no! Transparent watermarks which are small (definitely no bigger than current) has to be the maximum, and those irritating promo bugs need to become transparent & not stay on-screen for so long.

The seemingly ever-increasing sizes of TVs really means the logoswatermarks are too big already.

1 Like

How is that related to Bruce? :confused:

Just guessing because he’s the largest shareholder of Ten?

Really like that.

1 Like

How is that different to the last two seasons? Do you really think a shareholder going to say “Now that I’m the biggest owner, made all the logos in promos bigger!” Somehow I doubt that.

I don’t get why he would want the logo bigger :confused:

Doesn’t he like to hide the Ten logo?

1 Like

because of what Bruce inflicts on his viewers with solid ‘watermarks’ etc.

Personally, I think the ten logo on the PRG should NOT fade to the watermark - that should be a seperate element in the far bottom left corner screen (no circle.)

Personally, I think Ten’s current watermark looks fine.

They probably could be a bit more consistent when it comes to using the “Ten HD” version of the logo, but that issue applies to all elements of the graphics and On-Air Presentation.

2 Likes

We talk about “colour” being Australian spelling and “color” being American, but in fact from 1972 for about 15 years, the correct spelling of color in Victoria was “color”. We were marked wrong if we wrote colour or labour or rigour.

This is one of the factors that influenced Australian networks to spell it ‘color’ as color TV launched in Australia.

It’s also the reason why the Australian Labour Party became the Australian Labor Party.

1 Like

The ALP changed its spelling to honour the US labour movement. IMO it should be changed back to Australian Labour.

After 100+ years as Labor? Keep dreaming mate! Though it does strike some as a bit strange.

No stranger, I guess than Outer Harbor or Victor Harbor (the latter more so as it’s Victor Harbor, but Victor Harbour railway station).

1 Like

In Victoria, it started even earlier than that in about 1910 according to some.

There’s are some reasons to prefer -or to -our in these words; for one the derivative words are in many cases spelled that way such as colorful and laboratory from the examples of colour and labour. Plus honorary, vigorous, humorous and several more.