Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Won’t happen. Her radio show begins at 7pm only leaving her an hour between roles and I’m sure she’d need to prep.

You clearly know nothing about politics if you think PVO is right wing :joy:

You have clearly articulated here how lefties can’t control their anger, they lash out and they don’t like being called lefties.

Not once did I say anything bad about those people, just that they are lefties - which they are. Not once did I demonise them or say that being a Leftie was bad.

Yet, you, clearly a Leftie youserself, chooses to describe right wingers as right wing nut jobs (‘RWNJ’), as if to say that being a right winger is a bad thing. You have clearly shown what is wrong with democracy in terms of people not having the freedom to express their political views without being called a name… i.e ‘Nut Job’.

I am more than happy for these people to have left wing views, I merely pointed out that they are left wingers.

I am 100% in agreeance with Derryn Hinch when he says that all political Journalists should declare who they vote for. I think you would find the vast majority being left wingers, which there is nothing wrong with them being that (I certainly am not going to call them childish names such as a nut job), however, it would be great to see people from across the political spectrum on commercial news and free from being the victim of tantrums from people such as yourself.

I’m more than happy to discuss this with you in DMs, but you don’t even know me, how would you know I’m a leftie? It’s basically me calling you as a RWNJ even though I don’t know much about you.

Yet you called them ‘lefties’.

They’re victims of tantrums which have been sparked by themselves.

Thanks Alan Jones.

I think we can move on so that it doesn’t clog this part of the forum. Feel free to talk more in DM.

Well look who’s talking. Most of them right-wing nutjobs go one better and lash out at those who are even slightly ‘left’, yet them hypocrites don’t even know what they are themselves.

Think we’re slightly off topic…move on.

What he said.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Don’t mind a political debate but it would work better in a specific area rather than somewhere irrelevant.

I honestly hope 10 is moving forward in terms of news production. 10 should be looking to poach those who are undervalued in Seven and Nine and get them over the line.

1 Like

Only does radio Mon-Thurs.
Fridays are a possibility.

The positive thing is though, they’re ramping up their recourses on weekends. Extra staff are being hired. Its not just Chris Bath presenting.

1 Like

Especially when Bathie did present some news bulletins during her mid-2017 fill-in stint on ABC News NSW.

I’d even go as far as saying that Chris Bath should be the main presenter of 10 News First Sydney on weeknights (even better if they managed to poach Jim Wilson from Seven to present Sports alongside her), but of course that isn’t likely to happen for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

I don’t think the audience would ever forgive 10 if they ditched Sandra.

If Bathie wanted to go back to TV full-time then she would be ideal for a late-night show. Not a straight news bulletin but something fun with a studio audience. She has excelled on radio away from straight news.

2 Likes

Chris now appearing in station idents

18 Likes

You’d think the ABC would have Bath signed to an exclusive agreement. She could’ve been a real asset to ABC News. Now her talent will be wasted on a second rate commercial television news service.

6 Likes

Bathie could walk into any newsroom, boardroom or political office in Australia and land a high profile role if she asked for one. Like with her move to radio, she is choosing to be a part of something different by joining 10, it’s certainly not due to a lack of offers.

5 Likes

She’s basically the Jana Wendt of the 21st century then.

Ten will replace her with someone much cheaper when they realise not even her star power will pull people to the network. Same with Wilkinson. Those on expensive contracts will be the first to go when ratings don’t improve and the bean counters are looking at a sea of red down the track.

2 Likes

If she hadn’t already signed with 10, I think 9 would have been knocking on her door for the weekend newsreader gig they have vacant.

Melbourne weather presenter Mike Larkan is returning from holidays on Monday.

1 Like

no they won’t. it’ll be the editors, camera operators and journalists.

We’ve all seen that over the last 8 years.

The Project - Friday, Saturday, Sunday is what I would like to see.

4 Likes