Ten News First Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

With the new weekend team of Chris Bath and Roz Kelly for 2019, I wonder if Amanda Jason will be returning to reprise her weather presenting role around the same time also?

She said in January earlier this year that she would be back after maternity leave which would be great, it’s been about 12 months since then and kind of a shame we’ve hardly seen her on screen in the last few years with the birth of her 2 children.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Another exclusive here in Sydney with Hugh Riminton

2 Likes

From a Mediaweek interview with Ross Dagan in today’s Morning Report:

Who do you have outside of Australia working for your news division?

We just restarted a London bureau with reporter Eammon Atkinson , and I am optimistic we will have a reporter out of LA very soon.

13 Likes

Finally!

Well done TEN!

3 Likes

I’ll post this here too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is Atkinson actually a full time employee of Ten now or has the freelancing arrangement just been extended?

I wondered the same thing, the article isn’t exactly clear on that and I would have thought they would have made a bit more noise about that.

I would say fulltimer now :+1:

Atkinson still describes himself as a freelancer on his social media pages. The interviewer should’ve asked Dagan to define bureau. Is it a bureau in the traditional sense of the word or is Ten using a freelance video journalist who’ll work solo and produce most content on the road? Is Ten utilising the resources of the CBS News bureau in London?

3 Likes

Melbourne just had a live cross to him, with an in-depth report from London.

1 Like

Was PVO wearing the same tie as yesterday?

3 Likes

Eammon has now updated his twitter -
European Correspondent for @10NewsFirst based in London.

13 Likes

On Studio 10 this morning

8 Likes

Nice work 10, assume their new bureau would be in some studios that CBS have there.

Though Ten News First? :thinking: There doesn’t seem to be much consistency with Studio 10 using 10daily.com.au on a super the other day which doesn’t work at all.

4 Likes

I love Joe Hill.

4 Likes

That was one of the worst reports I have seen from Ten/10. I expected better.

Plus, I don’t understand the love for Hill. He is just an Average Joe to me.

I’d prefer a one off report like that than continuous crap from ALDI

2 Likes

Yep, I agree. This is the type of “report” that the Ten fans around here would be quick to slam (not entirely undeservingly so, I might add) if it aired on Nine News Queensland or Seven News Sydney.

I’d prefer to never see any reports like that on commercial TV news or at the very least, full on-air disclosure as to whether or not they’re receiving money in exchange for the televisual equivalent of an Uber Eats press release.

2 Likes